d22 Black, or to go White Help!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aron1991

Reaction score
Hey all :) Just some quick chit chat. Im very keen on the 2011 nissan navara nav d22 st-r undecided on what colour to go white or black! :cheers!:

As you can see from my avatar, i went with black. If you plan to go off road, get white. the black paint only needs to smell a stick, and it scratches like there's no tomorrow. This must be the worlds thinest paint.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing! im planning on touring and camping , i have been leading towards the white, but everytime i see one in black it make's me think twice again! I like my cars to look good im thinking white with black bullbar, black sunnys and all terrain tyres. Hard decision!

I have a black D22 as well. I used to have a silver ute. I should have got another silver one. hardly needed to wash it and it didn't show many scratches. But black looks schmick when clean.

Yep thats what I thought. The flares are plastic too so they show the scratches. Mine still washes up well, and with a bit of wax it looks ok from about 10 metres away. Other than that I'm really happy with it, but next time I'd get white for sure. I reckon the white ones look good witht he mods you've described.

well that's the main thing mate as long as your happy with it, urse looks great :D!. yes im heading towards the white for sure now :) and add tinted windows to that. can i ask, every car has good and bad's thrown at them how are the d22's in general i have heard the clutch hasnt been the best? and power not a great deal. will be test driving one this week.

Dont know about the clutch issues in a d22, I think there were clutch issues in the earlier d40s but if you do a search you might find something. Power... well... limited. But you can Chip and exhaust and get some good returns. The power doesnt bother me, but if you want a race car this aint it. I am setting mine up as off road/tourer and am really happy with it. I think for the money you pay, you get great value. (check the thread on buying new you will see what people have paid.)

Thats good about the clutch then, Ive heard about the chip, but some people say by chiping it it's extracting alot of power out of something so small? exhaust could work well also, im not after power so much hence i want this car to be a offroad tourer as well, it's great to hear another person happy and feedback saying you get great value, :)

I went white because I hate cleaning and figured it would be lower maintenance then black. Silver would probably hide scratches even better then white but I'm also a cheap skate and didn't want to pay the $500 extra for metallic paint.

Also the black bullbar on the white ute looks schmick. Black on silver...not so good.

Well it's done and dusted. i have made my mind up ^ white it is :) thank's alot guys!

Glad u chose white. I had a red bt50 before my nav and it was shit to keep clean. Now have a white nav and wash it when it looks dirty, which is ah not much cause it doesn't get driven much. Probably why it has 35000 on the odometer and the next service is 50000 service. Plus its over 2year old now.

i ended up going white haha i love white i dont wan't any other colour, although ive had the car for 2 1/2 week's now going in for first 1000k service hopefully next week if the k's get up, they have noted down in the system about the paint, the paint on mine is horrible hasnt been offroad hasnt had a wash yet looks immaculate and has little scratch mark's everywhere i rang nissan up the second day i had it and they noted it down in their system hopefully they can fix the issue.. + i have paint protection on it as well!

Latest posts

Back