d22 brand new, paint shit?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aron1991

Reaction score
so i have my new d22 2011 nav, it is white, and has the paint protection put on it, in the light under the paint look's like theirs long dark marks here and their in different areas is it shit paint nissan use or wonder if its a coating of the paint protection i got put on.. ?

You must have got the D40 paint job, Dave says D22 don't have problems.

There has been quite a few reports of average to crap paint jobs on D40's but there hasn't been many reports on D22's. Without seeing it I wouldn't blame paint protection but I'd never waste money on it either.

yeah ive heard the paint is very thin on navaras.. when it goes in for first service ill be asking them, only 2 areas i have found this issue, it just seems like paint went on very thin in this are and shows a line that runs a few inches strange :/

if you drive it like mine, your not going to worry about your paint job. always get told, "did someone key your car" replies "damn trees!"

But yeah d22 paint is thin.... if you bought it brand new from the dealer I'd be stormin in there making them respray it. you don't buy a new car to find it has a shit paint job. i wouldn't accept that...

haha well i like to take pride in my car i didn't go out their to buy brand new to wreck it and scratch it just yet... although i did pay a fair amount for this and im defiently not happy with the paint in some areas that they have done, example rear tub passenger side all skuff kinda marks go 4 inches long very badly done only starting to notice it now. will be having a word with them on first 1000k service.

haha well i like to take pride in my car i didn't go out their to buy brand new to wreck it and scratch it just yet... although i did pay a fair amount for this and im defiently not happy with the paint in some areas that they have done, example rear tub passenger side all skuff kinda marks go 4 inches long very badly done only starting to notice it now. will be having a word with them on first 1000k service.

I would be having words with them now. nissan are tightarses and they will try and turn it around on you saying you've done something... the quicker you tell them, the less bullshit they have got to work with.

Agreed, there is plenty of things that can wait for the next service where warranties are concerned but something like paintwork is too easy for them to blame on the owner.

Good luck trying to get it fixed by Nissan under warranty, bet they tell you bad luck. Ive had heaps of problems with my D22 and would never buy a Nissan again because Nissan warranty counts for f%$k all and the customer service it terrible. Pretty sad considering i grew up with Nissan's always in my life. You never hear half the problems with Toyota's or Mitsi's 4wd's.

i know a lot of guys have real issues with nissans paintjobs , but i also know through family in the car industry that paint protection/fabrick protection only protects the salesmans profit margin, it costs the company doing the job approx $18 to apply paint protection but they charge us $500 ? its called upselling,and you walk away thinking your investment is well protected
remove it ASAP, and use a good quality polish regularly

There is a markup on everything and while the margins vary for different things the real joke of paint protection as supplied by dealers is that they don't even know when it's on there. Trade any car with a decent paint job that hasn't faded or has obvious scratches and tell them it has paint protection and they will believe it, mainly because it adds zero difference to their trade in price.

I sold my Forrestor with a 2 inch square bare metal chip in the tailgate coloured in with texta and the idiot trading it still claimed the paint protection was brilliant, the paint protection it never had. Their job is to make you feel better and telling you that you have done a brilliant job looking after the car and it looks great is just one method of doing that.

nissan has noted it down, and want's me to bring it in asap. i dont have time to bring it in asap, so i said it will be in on first service and they can work this issue out with me, on the phone they said if i am unhappy and it is as bad as it is, they will send it off for respray, i dont know what nissan dealer's you guys go to, but my one have VERY good service, best bunch of people i'd recomend anyone to go their.

nissan has noted it down, and want's me to bring it in asap. i dont have time to bring it in asap, so i said it will be in on first service and they can work this issue out with me, on the phone they said if i am unhappy and it is as bad as it is, they will send it off for respray, i dont know what nissan dealer's you guys go to, but my one have VERY good service, best bunch of people i'd recomend anyone to go their.

mate my tray was resprayed under warranty due to 2 welds cracking
one phonecall to nissan australia got my dealer moving

Sorry mate, but i if you think their gonna do a good job respraying your brand new car your smoking the crack pipe with Ben Cousins. Ive been a spraypainter for 18 years and working in the prestige market. Ive resprayed new vehicles but its a new car it will never come as good as you first got it using their cheap arse car-yard painters they do it as cheap as possible to get rid of you. Theirs not many paintshops aroung OZ anymore that can do i PROPER respray, you have to entirely strip the outside ad some of the inside of the car and put it back together again. Good luck getting the window beltmoulds back in as factory. Its a new car make them give you a new car as it should have been the first time, its their fault they gave you the car not up to scratch. ring Nissan Australia.

There is a markup on everything and while the margins vary for different things the real joke of paint protection as supplied by dealers is that they don't even know when it's on there. Trade any car with a decent paint job that hasn't faded or has obvious scratches and tell them it has paint protection and they will believe it, mainly because it adds zero difference to their trade in price.

I sold my Forrestor with a 2 inch square bare metal chip in the tailgate coloured in with texta and the idiot trading it still claimed the paint protection was brilliant, the paint protection it never had. Their job is to make you feel better and telling you that you have done a brilliant job looking after the car and it looks great is just one method of doing that.

Paint protection at a dealership is a bottle of turtle wax.

Yeah it's a bit more than that but even experts in the business will give you different stories as to what it actually is.

Latest posts

Back