d22 chip and exhaust awesome

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love to but i have enogh trouble getting this far. send me your email address and i will take a photo and you can do the rest . i just have no idea on how this all works .
cheers wog

Here's your dyno graph

101_09971Medium.jpg

Is there much of a difference between a 2.5 inch and a 3 inch, because the place im going to get my exaust done recomends I only put a 2.5' as a 3' would not have much back pressure

i say bollocks about backpressure on a turbo engine.

2.5" is easier to fit, cheaper, and quieter. difference in performance is bugger all. a lot of the dump pipes are only 2.75" even tho they are advertised as 3".

Is there much of a difference between a 2.5 inch and a 3 inch, because the place im going to get my exaust done recomends I only put a 2.5' as a 3' would not have much back pressure

Your not the only one thats been told that, the same has been said to me, i asked that question here a while ago and same answer as told to you from the forums also.
Do what you like but i put a 2.5 system as i trust my mechanic, after all he does build engines in excess over $30,000 for drift cars and such.

Happy with the quality of the Bigbore system? I looked at 'em but am dubious about buying from ebay when its not a well known brand. Great price though!

love to but i have enogh trouble getting this far. send me your email address and i will take a photo and you can do the rest . i just have no idea on how this all works .
cheers wog

Here's your dyno graph

101_09971Medium.jpg

What boost are you running?

Line is dead flat from 50kph:idea:

If got similar mods to my ZD30. D-tronic and 3" exhaust. Masive difference to std. Its not just the power but the increase in torque, its smoother and comes on sooner, which means when its up against a steep hill your not always back to forth reving the bejesus out of it, as as you know 4th-5th is a big jump (~25% reduction). Just being able to stay in 5th makes it sooo much nicer to drive.

as mod?

anyone want to do a group buy for these chips? see if they wil do cheaper..
im keen, and i could talk a friend with same ute into getting one too.

Yep that is the chip I am running. Cost me $1200. Brings the power in early in the rev range compared to the dp and tunit chip. Helps to reduce turbo lag. I am running mine on number 6 and it is a noticeable gain. Still not as good as the gas mod though.

Did you fit it yourself or take it to get fitted and tuned?

Hi guys,

If you had the money, would you spend $1400 on an intercooler or $1200 on the DP Chip?? I know they give different improvements, but have been toying up which I might do first with the limited funds. Cheers and sorry if its a little off topic.

Lj

Hi guys,

If you had the money, would you spend $1400 on an intercooler or $1200 on the DP Chip?? I know they give different improvements, but have been toying up which I might do first with the limited funds. Cheers and sorry if its a little off topic.

Lj

Hmmmm what to do..... more air or more fuel!

Chip could possibly decrease engine life
(Not sure on that, i dont think it would but others may think otherwise)

Intercooler could prolong engine life.

performance chip

Hi how's it going?
I've just bought 2004 d22 couple of months back and the engine malfunction light came on and the car stop in the middle of the road a few times. So I took it to nissan to get it decoded to see what's wrong with it. They told me there's an aftermarket chip in it and it might be coming on because of it. They told me if it keeps happening I might have to put the original chip back in. Does anyone know where's a good place to get this looked at in Melbourne? The place the mechanic referred me to was starr performance and I called them up today and was told they closed down 3 years ago. If anyone's got any similar experience with this please give us a bit of advice.
Cheers.

i havn't seen a direct replacement chip yet, all aftermarket chips are add on boxes. often plugged directly into the ecu so easy enough to check if you have one. if i remember rightly you can just unplug it and be back to normal.

Latest posts

Back