D22 cv issue with lift, damaged end plates/caps on cv's.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicszd30

Reaction score
Howdy all :) Changing out front diff cross members for the drop ones- to help with the cv angles! And noticed the damaged "end caps" ! Why I wonder? Has anyone else had this problem?
I will have to level out the front end so the cv's are flat and check for play I guess? Danm danm danm nothings easy huh That means fitting it all back up (one side anyway) and with the boots off check for "free play"!
It looks like the end of the cv shaft has hit them.. The one good thing is it looks like they can be shortened with a lot of work... A lot of work! ffs Nissan There is nothing other than the snake racing uca that has been changed so it has me "cattle trucked"???

Attachments

• 20150806_125416.jpg
    20150806_125416.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 20150806_133555.jpg
    20150806_133555.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 101
  • 20150806_133611.jpg
    20150806_133611.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 92
so when you flex, i assume to a center-line of the drive-shaft, its actually so short its hitting the end cap?

did you check the other side for in/out movement?
is it perhaps ceased, letting the inside do all the moving?

so when you flex, i assume to a center-line of the drive-shaft, its actually so short its hitting the end cap?

did you check the other side for in/out movement?
is it perhaps ceased, letting the inside do all the moving?

Good point but it doesn't seem so... Got me tossed as to why? Cheers

That end cap is only there to hold grease in the cv. It's probably old marks from previous work done to the car.

I have seen pics of that happening before. My impression, from what I have read and other people have stated is, the 3 point cv's don't have as much articulation as the 4 or 5 point ones, so when they "bind up" they smack into the end cap. I have seen photos of the same thing on the perth d22 facebook page where they were talking about the multi point ones.

I have seen pics of that happening before. My impression, from what I have read and other people have stated is, the 3 point cv's don't have as much articulation as the 4 or 5 point ones, so when they "bind up" they smack into the end cap. I have seen photos of the same thing on the perth d22 facebook page where they were talking about the multi point ones.

ahhhh have read some thing about those! I was thinking (and it's a pain in the A but I have to do it) about bolting it all back up with the boots off and see how much play there is and maybe shorten the cv's if possible?
Or it's these muti point ones- @ how much $$$ I wonder grr
Anyone know how to separate these CV's????

If you undo that circlip on the end of the inner joint, it will come apart. Usually the outer end is not able to come apart once assembled...
I will see if I can find any more info on the 4 or 5 point ones

oo yes please bods any help would be good.. ahhh ok so they come apart from the diif/in end.. I did remove that clip and have a go but i'd say they are pressed on or hitting the end cap has forced them on so I need a press or a little heat to get them off...

Latest posts

Back