D22 Diesel chip, What brand should I go for?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ant81

Reaction score
Just want to know what brand diesel chip everyone users and thinks is best? i have 06 d22 3L

Well you do have one of the best examples of that model but try the search button there are hundreds of threads on that topic on the zd30 they all work on a similar principal it comes down to what company you trust and who you want to give hard earned dollars for a 30hp gain.

Thanks, reading up and I've found the chip express product. I'm new to turbo diesels game so My question is does having the chip raise the engine temp? Or is that the turbo temp? What gauges you have to keep an eye on things?

the chip raises the exh gas temp (so eng temp and turbo temp), the gauge i would fit is a EGT(exh gas temp), the best way to lower these is with the fitment of an intercooler and a larger ext

uni-chip seems to be the only chip i have heard of that can adjust the spill vale and slightly adjust the timing of the injection via the slide gate (i thinks what its called)

The rest of the chips just open the spill valve for an extended period of time, add more diesel.

I paid $150 or something like that for a no limits chip, and it dead set looks exactly the same as the chipit chip that's like $1000. The case, the connectors, the size, the colour, everything about it is the same. All chipit has is a relay added to the harness so you can use an external trigger to shut the power off. It also has the chipit sticker on top.

Chip express seems to be pretty popular for the 3l models on here. And i think they plug into the injector pump harness, where as i had to solder mine into the harness

As scotty spud said, i'd def put an egt on at the same time. Once you start pumping the fuel in the temps will rise when your under it, even with the best intercooler set up it'll rise. I have a water to air set up on mine and the temps get as high when i'm under it as when the cooler wasn't on it.

Latest posts

Back