D22 different offset cause damage?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amosm92

Reaction score
Gday everyone, Went and got two new tyres fitted to the nav today @ bob jane, he couldnt do the wheel alignment because my wheel bearings were worn apparently. He also told me that the rims are off a landcruiser or something similar. They do hang out just a little bit beyond the guards, just wondering if having the wrong rims has damaged my wheel bearings and if it can damage anything else. Theyre 31x10.5x15" steelies. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
First thing I would do is check the bearings myself. That's not a huge change in tyre size but the difference will place more stress on the driveline the wheel bearings should not be affected.

The negative offset you are probably running will put more load on your bearings though. Landcruiser/hilux offset is usually about -22mm

Ok is it something to worry about though? Coz all larger than stock wheels cause a bit more stress on some components dont they?

Ok is it something to worry about though? Coz all larger than stock wheels cause a bit more stress on some components dont they?

More so a whack will cause damage with larger tyres. I did 500k+ in my d21 with the same tyre size you have. Never had an issue apart from routine maintenance.

Negative offset makes the navara look so much better in my opinion, pity it's legally only possible to increase wheel track by 50mm in QLD. I wouldnt mind getting a 0 offset wheel just for the increased wheel track, but people say you get extra wear on your bearings and steering components, plus you run into issues with tyre scrubbing moreso.

Yeah I agree it makes the nav look meaner. my navs got only about 150ks

Latest posts

Back