d22 ffront suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albunga

Reaction score
A little advice or comment please,I have just taken delivery of my new d22 twin cab and am really pleased with it BUT i find it rides very hqrd in the front and it feels like its bottoming out .I admit that i am not a motor machanic but when i got under the front for a look see i saw that the lower rubber stops that would swing upwards when striking a pot hole only have about a 20mm b4 they strike the stopper the upper rubber stop that travels downwards has plenty of travel.. My question is is this the norm for this model All comments and advice gratefully appreciated

yeah most d22 have hardish suspension. tho typically its the back end bottoming out.
good excuse to do a 2" suspension lift and fit some decent shocks.
i find the 2" lift gives you more travel so you don't hit the bump stops so much.

Have you got a steel bullbar? Nissan sold a heap of Queenslander packs of d22's recently and they all sag in the front but that aside mine saged and the body mounts failed 3 times if it's a knock under your boot turning left it will be a mount.Mine was stuffed from delivery i hope your issue is not that,i replaced all my body mounts and a basic 40mm efs it's better than new also i will add after 10k i had 10mm clearance to the bottom stop it sagged that much i just got out of wty but the last year i did my own work and replaced my parts at my cost but you chase the dealer let us know how you go.

Good luck getting them to sort it out... You're better off taking it to a suspension shop and getting them wound up to where they should be and do an alignment afterwards. The stock suspension isn't the best, but I don't find it too bad in the front end if the bars are wound up correctly.

throw away the front shocks and fit something decent
get your t bars set correctly( should have been done pre delivery)
I had my tbars adjusted by dealer under wty,
the std suspension is crap and should be replaced as soon as you can afford it
cheers

Hi all,A genuine thanks to everyone,s advice to my call for assistance .I booked the car into the local dealer where i got it from and i was able to explain the problems with the assistance of the info from you folk .To which end they were attended to that day and to my satisfaction. (Under Warranty)..... Thanks again ....A.T. p.s. not in darwin but qsld.

Latest posts

Back