d22 front locker?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im going to wait for the e-locker to come out. I like the idea of turning it off. Dave posted the info about them on here a little while ago.

Bryan

$368 is a bloody good deal. I f i didnt buy a house last week i probably would have grabbed one..lol. I have new ideas for 2013 though that dont involve my Nav, so lockers are no longer on my list.

$368 is a bloody good deal. I f i didnt buy a house last week i probably would have grabbed one..lol. I have new ideas for 2013 though that dont involve my Nav, so lockers are no longer on my list.

Come on man, who needs curtains, buy the diff!!:sarcastic::sarcastic:

yeh thanks for that guys i think i will go with the lokka from 4wd systems and if its a front locker i dont think ill have any problems chewin out tyres when its in two wheel drive on the road any way i dont think they engage till there's load on them?

If your paying for installation make sure you get a quote before buying the locked up thing - installation ain't cheap.

I purchased the 4wdsystems one today. It's only some Hilux and Patrol ones that are on sale for that price.
The D22 ones are $550 plus $20 postage.

man there is always a catch on the sales. NOTED they were only for some patrol and hilux models. that is a bummer. even the $550 is still cheaper then the elocker but im with 04SilverSTR ill wait for the E-locker to come out. i liek the ability to disengage and still have it in 4wd low with out it locked. it will still be locked in at the hubs and at the transfer but not 50-50 locked at the diff. and aparently the elocker units are just straight unbolt the old and bolt in the new run soem wiring and add oil and away you go. no disassembling diff parts etc to install it.

Rusty

Have u broken any CV's at all + how do u find going up steep hills at a angle, etc?

As discussed many times before, Less chance to break a CV with any locker installed, It eats hills that lift a wheel now.

I plan on putting a elocker in the rear at some stage later in the year, though i'm not sure it really needs it when the front is locked. Well in the stuff i tackle anyway, I stop when it is gonna cause panel damage. If you ever saw what 180%joe did with his locker to the unlocked navs on a steep ridge climb you'll know just how good the lokkas are.

I drove around straddie for 8 days without unlocking my hubs (just in 2wd) you can't even feel a locker there. One big advantage i have noted is turning a tight corner in 4wd low when you all you need do is back off the throttle a little and it completely unlocks, unlike the the air locker which you need to stop and turnoff..wait...turn..then stop turn on...wait....then go or just leave it off till you get stuck. I just like the idea that is there when its needed and after 15 mins driving with it on you'll be used to the little bit of self centre pulling it does. Its really not as bad as you imagine.

To be honest though most of the beach driving i do is in 2wd, saves fuel and unless its real soft you don't need 4wd. Heck i didn't even lower the tyre pressures the whole trip.

@rusty Not sure your right there, i'm under the impresion from the photo of the elocker is is like the air locker and requires you to pull down the whole diff, ie crown wheel needs to be attached to locker, set backlash after fitting. I know the lokka doesn't require crownwheel to be removed as it just replaces the centre part, hence no backlash changed.

Last edited:
Thanks 4 that, the only reason I asked was I've installed F&R autolockers in the zook after breaking a front axle. My thought was the same that it will help prevent the shock factor of the spinning wheel hitting the ground. Since I've installed the Fronts I've broken 2 CV's, but that may have been due to both CV's having a hard life prior to the locker. Since replacing them, I haven't broken any to date. I think it will depend on the situation though. The CV angle / angle of the wheels and whether ALL load is on ONE wheel (ie: other wheel in the air).... In this situation, I reckon u would have a fair chance of a breakage.... depending on driving style though.

As discussed many times before, Less chance to break a CV with any locker installed, It eats hills that lift a wheel now.

I plan on putting a elocker in the rear at some stage later in the year, though i'm not sure it really needs it when the front is locked. Well in the stuff i tackle anyway, I stop when it is gonna cause panel damage. If you ever saw what 180%joe did with his locker to the unlocked navs on a steep ridge climb you'll know just how good the lokkas are.

I drove around straddie for 8 days without unlocking my hubs (just in 2wd) you can't even feel a locker there. One big advantage i have noted is turning a tight corner in 4wd low when you all you need do is back off the throttle a little and it completely unlocks, unlike the the air locker which you need to stop and turnoff..wait...turn..then stop turn on...wait....then go or just leave it off till you get stuck. I just like the idea that is there when its needed and after 15 mins driving with it on you'll be used to the little bit of self centre pulling it does. Its really not as bad as you imagine.

To be honest though most of the beach driving i do is in 2wd, saves fuel and unless its real soft you don't need 4wd. Heck i didn't even lower the tyre pressures the whole trip.

@rusty Not sure your right there, i'm under the impresion from the photo of the elocker is is like the air locker and requires you to pull down the whole diff, ie crown wheel needs to be attached to locker, set backlash after fitting. I know the lokka doesn't require crownwheel to be removed as it just replaces the centre part, hence no backlash changed.

and aparently the elocker units are just straight unbolt the old and bolt in the new run soem wiring and add oil and away you go. no disassembling diff parts etc to install it.

Rusty

The elocker is a whole new centre, so you have to swap over your crown wheel, install and reset the diff backlash. Potentially a lot more can go wrong than fitting a LoKKA.

Got my Lokka today. I ordered it at 12 lunchtime yesterday and it turned up at 12:30 today. Very impressed. Wont get a chance to fit it till Feb :(

Just been to my local ARB and was quoted $1750 for a front air locker fitted to my D22. Still not sure which way to go, auto or air! Can see pro's and con's for both, will most likely come down to the boss and the dollars involved !!!

Cheers Brad

Did they tell you that you will 1st have to fit the D22 Petrol front dif??
Unless they have just produced a new locker for the diesels.

Back