D22 front LOKKA 4wd Systems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either Corey Bryant has misunderstood or ARB need to update their website. There is no front air locker for the D22 diesel. Full stop.

But if you look on the arb website it has a the d22 front diff code in there but with no arb part no. maybe it should be Full stop Full stop Full stop...

my suspisions thing that they maybe testing one

my suspisions thing that they maybe testing one

My understanding was "NA" means not available in this instance, which to me means "not happening", and TBD means to be determined, which to me means "in development". I'd love to be proven wrong (because I have an R180A too), but ARB have stated before (can't remember where I read it) that they can't/won't do a front air locker for the R180A

So arb are making a killing on their lockers. I got quoted $795 cash price for a rear locker and air comp from arb at an arb workers price. Lucky i didnt buy is as i wont have a d22 diff in the rear.

Front lokka

why only front lockers? why not dual. ie, rear and front?
Seems like, from looking at 4wd systems web page that there is only a front lokka. I assume this is because, with the IFS front diff the navara is prone to lifting wheels and therefore loosing traction. The rear LSD is supposed to be quite okay, so I guess a lokka in the front gives the most bang for bucks. Everyone thinks it is a worthwhile mod. I will be ordering mine soon.

hey guys new to the forum, i have a d22 3litre turbo navara, its got a 3inch turbo back exhaust, 2 inch body lift and got a 3inch suspension lift on order, ARB bullbar. I want to put an auto lokka in the front end of my car, just wondering where the best place is to buy one? and jow much im looking at?
any help would be great

Try the 4wd systems one from goannanywhere.com.au Or.....

Try online from the US. With the dollar so good, it WILL be cheaper, including freight. 5 years ago, with a bad exchange rate, I bought a Detroit Ezy-Locker for AUD$318 landed. It would be heaps cheaper now....

Pat

d22 Lokka

I heard that there were problems going downhill with hairpin bends with the lokka. Doesn't unlock and causes steering problems. Anyone with a Lokka fitted able to respond to this? (My Lokka is on the way, but if it is going to cause issues I'd like to have someone's feedback on driving tips to overcome this problem if it does occur.)

I'm considering a front lokka for my 3.0 d22.
Not too concearned about how it goes in 4 high on faster dirt tracks as I'll be using 2wd anyway.

But I too like gra.cahill would be interested to know how they go on steep winding tracks in 4 low?

I spose you'd use 4wd a bit less with an auto locker.

If your going to order a 4wd systems lokka, make sure u do well in advance to when u will need it...
I ordered and payed for mine in early July, had to call them up in september cos it hadnt arrived.
Got told it would be coming mid september.
Emailed them late september, he said it would be posted within the next few days (express), ive been waiting nearly 3 weeks now and it still hasnt arrived.
BUUTTT he did offer me a free snorkel beanie for the troubles... WOOHOOO :-S

I heard that there were problems going downhill with hairpin bends with the lokka. Doesn't unlock and causes steering problems. Anyone with a Lokka fitted able to respond to this? (My Lokka is on the way, but if it is going to cause issues I'd like to have someone's feedback on driving tips to overcome this problem if it does occur.)

Hey I'm thinking of fitting a lokka to mine and also concerned about that problem - let me know how you go! I'm also from eastern suburbs melb.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Anyone had any problems with theirs in regards to damage to the vehicle?
Heard some say they are worse for vehicle others say it's better cus you don't get as much sudden wheel spin

I have only tested mine once but apart from the tight steering I can see any future problems unless under a heavy foot. I have gone from thrashing it to try climbing small track to idling up big tracks. I'd highly recommend one

I have had one in for over a year. I dont do rock hopping, however i do do big trips and i have done some hard stuff in car. I am on my second diff now. Locka seems to snap output shafts on diff, and this was when driving in low range pushing hard in soft sand with mud tyres.

Its works very well. I really like my locka. I sum up that it can be a good or bad thing depending on how you drive your car

clinton

how many shafts have u broken clinton?
could it have just been bad luck if it was just the one?
just asking cos i have got one and dont want something else to worry about lol

James

...Just had Alltrack set my Front 'Lokka' for me... A quick rip on the dirt and the Beach and so far I'm impressed! I actually like the sense of feedback in the wheel - slight as it is - that tells me the gizmo is locking my front as and when it should! Great value for money... just need to be sensible about how I use it now. I Don't want to break my Little 180 Diff now! Fat chance with my little 100kw QD32 and 31" MT ATZs anyway!!

Latest posts

Back