D22 Instrument Cluster back light?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday,

Just picked up my new 2012 plated D22. On the way home noticed when it got dark that the Instrument Cluster is not illuminated and could not see a thing. Went to the owners manual - Nil find. Searched the threads - Nil find. Checked the fuses - nothing blown.

Anyone have any ideas? .... will be ringing the service department in the morning and see what they say.

Thanks.

If its like the D40 they saved on a knob and used the tripmeter reset as the dimmer, but they did give us a nice beep to make up for the lack of dedicated button.

I should have added that yes I tried turning the lights on! Yes I was looking for a dimmer or something like it but to no avail. I will give the trip meter a run - didn't think of that!

Will advise how I go. Thanks.

Gotta have the lights on and push the button till it beeps or something from memory. If it works the display turns to OOOOOO and as you wind it they chanflge to upper case for bright lower for dim.

I think its the trip meter and not the clock, but then I'm not even sure if the new D22 has a dashclock

No deal on the trip meter being a makeshift dimmer.

Also noted that when opening the door that only the front drivers door opens, when you put the key in the ignision that it opens the 3x other doors, and have been unable to lock them with the key. There must be a easy answer.....any hits are always great, otherwise ill try the dealer again.

Mark

Sounds like a good dealer... I thought the idea of a pre delivery was to make sure everything was working...? And they didn't run through how certain things in the car work..?

Some dealers (a very very very select few) don't understand what good customer service is :sarcastic:

So rang the dealer first thing this morning. No dramas pop in after 2pm....I wanted to fix it now, anyway. Popped in at 2pm and the service manager was straight out and said I know the problem! Im thinking great. It was a 10amp fuse that they forgoten to put back in when they added my accessories. Anyway he said sorry, I said thanks but really should not have occured and it cost me time and effort - not to mention the truck had double digit km/s on the clock.

Anyway no offer of anything free or the like - except the 10amp fuse (which was most likely mine to start with).

Hope that is not a sign of things to come.

Thanks for all your tips. Seems to be running well now.

Mark.

Similar thing happened in 2000 when I brought a Pulsar. They removed the "live" fuse which takes out the radio live circuit, the interior lights open door circuit and the live feed to remember the trip meter settings.

Apparently they didn't like chime that rings when the keys in the ignition and the door is open, doesn't explain why the nufti's didn't put the fuse back in but at the time my Nissan dealer didn't even know how to fix the problem, took me 3 days to find the fuse sitting in the bloody ash tray.

Glad you got it fixed though.

Back