d22 intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northside how much would one of your kits be for an 04 3.0 ltr d22 ?

If people are very concerned about this extremely marginal difference, you could always have the pipes HPC coated for around $400..

Or Ceramic tape is around $100 per roll from Merlyn Industries.

So after wrapping the inlet pipe, the entire intake manifold is still stinking hot as its bolted to the head and not just absorbing latent heat from the engine bay, but also heat direct from combustion.

This would pretty much negate any benefit to the wrapping without doing the following.

A set of phenolic gaskets will give 30x better results than wrapping the charge pipe alone.
This is due to the fact that the surface area contact in the manifold is ALOT higher than in the charge pipe.

http://tech.mirage-performance.com/teflon-insulating-gasket.html
http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/geo_storm_mods_phenolic.htm

Both together would be a worthwhile expense in money and time in my opinion.

Some one there quoted me $1795 + fitting for the kit. May as well go visit Denco for their water to air kit if its going to cost that much for an off the shelf kit.

yes I was told $300 for fitting and I thought the same things $2050 was very expensive when the other 2 comparative ones (ARE & cross country) are up to $500 less - I guess the Northside guys would say their setup is better designed with better components - maybe it is but in reality if it was somewhere near the same price I would have ordered one immediately.

Sorry Patt, $1650 for the kit.

They arent built to a price like alot of the kits out there these days, they are built as all of our products are, to achieve the best possible result, not the cheapest retail price.

We use ZERO chinese or thailand copy components in our kit, thus it is more expensive as everything is made in Australia.

for an average of $700 more then most kits, i highly doubt anyone is going to buy them. these are diesel low powed utes and the extra cost is only going to be noticed in your wallet.
sorry mate but goodluck

for an average of $700 more then most kits, i highly doubt anyone is going to buy them. these are diesel low powed utes and the extra cost is only going to be noticed in your wallet.
sorry mate but goodluck

where are these kits for under a $1000 mate,i have been looking around and can't find any close to that price.

No need to apologise Brendan. I appreciate the input we get from all the forums we attend.

You would be surprised at the large number of D22 owners that have, and new owners that continue to buy the kits though. They are not in everyone's price range, nor could we hope to satisfy every D22 owner even if they were. We have simply designed the kit as best we can, used the best components we could find. The price is what it is.

Same as using Unichip over cheap plug in options. Its not for everyone and yes the product does carry a premium. Because it is simply designed better and will get you better results.

Remember that for alot of people their low powered utes are their work vehicles, tow vehicles etc... and economy and more safe power is very high on the demand list of most D22 owners.

Taking a D22 up to the same power as a D40 is no small task, but thats exactly what we do with every intercooler and unichip kit. 110+kw at the wheels with ALOT more torque down low than any YD25 owner will ever have.

Id probably go for the uni-chip if you were local.

Open up a branch in NSW. Please.

Maybe in the future Dave :)
Its hard to keep quality control at a high level when you start expanding into multiple shops etc.. Especially when it comes to tuning.

No need to apologise Brendan. I appreciate the input we get from all the forums we attend.

You would be surprised at the large number of D22 owners that have, and new owners that continue to buy the kits though. They are not in everyone's price range, nor could we hope to satisfy every D22 owner even if they were. We have simply designed the kit as best we can, used the best components we could find. The price is what it is.

Same as using Unichip over cheap plug in options. Its not for everyone and yes the product does carry a premium. Because it is simply designed better and will get you better results.

Remember that for alot of people their low powered utes are their work vehicles, tow vehicles etc... and economy and more safe power is very high on the demand list of most D22 owners.

Taking a D22 up to the same power as a D40 is no small task, but thats exactly what we do with every intercooler and unichip kit. 110+kw at the wheels with ALOT more torque down low than any YD25 owner will ever have.

whats the uni chip worth? im looking at getting a chip for my nav. zd30?

I do them for $1695 fitted and tuned as a basic package.
Add $100 for multiple maps (up to 5)

On a few occasions I have also setup a 3 port electronic boost control solenoid that is run by the unichip also.
Best part of a setup like that is with your 3 maps, you can have 3 completely different tunes you can change on the fly, Timing/Fuel/Boost Map1, Timing/Fuel/Boost Map2, etc..
It also helps the turbo spool up around 150-200rpm quicker than standard or a pneumatic controller.
Normally charge around $400 to set it up and tune the system with 3D mapped electronic boost control.

sorry to bump this up.....

i remembered that it was the turbo to IC pipe that they lagged to reduce heatsoak. i think they had problems with the pipe heating up the air going into the turbo.
just something to think about.

sorry to bump this up.....

i remembered that it was the turbo to IC pipe that they lagged to reduce heatsoak. i think they had problems with the pipe heating up the air going into the turbo.
just something to think about.

That makes more sense to reducing underbonnet temps and latent heat transfer than lagging the post IC pipe.

On a different note. Has anyone fitted the water to air kit from 4wd systems?

I have run a couple on the dyno with this kit.
Beats the hell out of the top mount air/air kits out there.
Not real flash for a water kit though in terms of temp drop.

How much they charging for the kit?

They quoted me $2178.00 + freight for the D22 kit. From memory Denco were around the same money and Taipan was quite a bit higher.

The 4wd systems kit seems to be a bit of thrown together kit from the looks of the pics on there web site.

Latest posts

Back