D22 'monster trucks' & Ironman

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solanum1

Reaction score
Have been flickin through this suspension & steering category for the last few hours and am blown away by the amount of info all members etc are putting up. Awesome!

One thing though I've picked up on is how many are saying that the Ironman gear they are running on they're Nav's is 'harsh' or there-abouts. I've only just installed mine and find that it's running fine - even with the Performance leaf's with not a great deal of weight in the back end. Only have a deep cycle battery, small toolbox filled with tools and also 2x10L jerries of water in the tub (always like carrying water with me, it's a good comodity to have).

Are too many people just winding torsion bars up in the front of these things to try and get that monster truck look? I have noticed a few Nav's around Cairns etc that have Ironman gear installed and they are jacked up to the extreme. Could I predict that they would ride fairly rough, as they are only running 245/265's etc. When I first purchased my Nav I found the torsion bar had been set very taut - I adjusted down to say around 50/50 or maybe 40/60 bottom to top. Certainly lost a bit of lift, but comfort was much better EVEN despite the front shocks being well buggered. I certainly would not compromise comfort & a soft ride for my Nav to look like Carolina Crusher.

But I'm happy with the Ironman gear. It's within everyones budget and is certainly available just about anywhere.

Whats everyones thoughts?

With standard uca's you can barely get 2" of lift and with the calmini arms you can barely get 3", i have a 2an2" lift and have wound the front up (ironman T Bars) for an even 2" lift and the cv boots are already touching and I only have about 15-20mm between the bump stops..... I am very happy I didnt go with the 3" lift as there is fuk all chance of getting a level ride and the cv's would be screaming "RAPE"

suspension is a subjective thing, lots of guys think their utes will ride like a prado on coils but torsion bars and leaf springs are better for this kind of truck.

Back