d22 muffler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rook

Reaction score
hi i am planning to make a second fuel tank for my d22. has anyone taken their rear muffler off and re routed the exhaust out the side of the car? doing this gives you a huge area under the car. wondered if there would be any dramas regarding engine back pressure ect if doing this

Gday Rook. You will be right as you don't need back pressure for a turbo'd engine. I have heard of people doing this but have not seen it done. Most people just raise the original mounts and make taller tank.

i had mine off from where it joins near the gearbox for probly 4mnths. was to lazy to put it back on the only ill effect was a weird high pitch whistle at about 2800rpm. just the way the exhaust flows i guess. it has more powa since refitting the rear section tho

hi i am planning to make a second fuel tank for my d22. has anyone taken their rear muffler off and re routed the exhaust out the side of the car? doing this gives you a huge area under the car. wondered if there would be any dramas regarding engine back pressure ect if doing this

Hey mate about 2months ago on ebay i saw a custom made fuel tank for sale that had photos of it mounted under the car. And they had done what you want to do and mount it on the passenger side where the main muffler normally goes. And then they rerouted the exhaust to go above the tailshaft and then bend over the diff pumpkin. Although i dont know whether they replaced the muffler with a smaller one or just got rid of it..

Bart

thanks for the response guys. i stopped in this arvo at a exhaust place and he said it will have no effect on the engine as it can breathe eaiser with out it. the only thing he said is by law it has to exit 300 mm behind the last opening (door) but would take a good coppa to pick you up for that

Latest posts

Back