D22 navara 2002 3.0 mods.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, just looking at doing a few mods on my navara at the moment and plan to do the 3 inch exhaust from the turbo back , intercooler, oilcatch can, possibly egr mod. Is there anything else I have missed and appreciate any feedback.
Also have heard a few different opinions on the older D22 mods. Also seems people have a few different opinions on exhaust setup too like possibly not running a muffler. Contemplating a pacemaker king brown system. My car has a genuine 150,000 kms and been well serviced and had no real issues really. Just chasing some better performance in the sand and towing the boat, thanks
Cheers

intercooler, catch can and egr mod would be your best bet to start with.

boost and egt gauge can be handy also.

noticed there are a couple different types of the front mount intercoolers on the market ,does anyone have any opinions on which one is the best and why? appreciate any feedback on this, cheers

For ease of fitment and bang for buck, a lot of people (including myself) have gone for a Forefront industries one. I've got the large kit as I have no intention of ever getting a winch.

I've also got the FFI billet turbo; small catch can; EGR blank and 3" XForce exhaust with hiflo cat and muffler; EGT and Boost gauges (pillar mounted) and a secondary EGT which measures pre-turbo (the pillar gauge reads post turbo). The pre-one is the Auber electronic with a high temp alarm buzzer connected. My next step is a Chip Express chip from the UK.

Mine's an 03 ZD30 so essentially the same as yours but with 230,000 k's on it.

Forefront is good value and a good kit. All the other kits are a complete rip off.

Go for the Forefront I/cooler and turbo upgrade. If you spend the extra on a Beadesert system the 3 will complement each other Also you will need to slightly up the boost to allow for the extra piping. As for chips I am not game to go there.

Go for the Forefront I/cooler and turbo upgrade. If you spend the extra on a Beadesert system the 3 will complement each other Also you will need to slightly up the boost to allow for the extra piping. As for chips I am not game to go there.

HJ,

My 2002 d22 came with 2.75" exhaust I think (I'll go and measure in a min to confirm) and I fitted a forefront intercooler would you recommend upping the boost slightly? What to?

(sorry for thread hijack, still sorta on topic?)

-Scott

HJ,

My 2002 d22 came with 2.75" exhaust I think (I'll go and measure in a min to confirm) and I fitted a forefront intercooler would you recommend upping the boost slightly? What to?

(sorry for thread hijack, still sorta on topic?)

-Scott
Hi Scott my tuner does 100's of these models "HE" suggested fitting a 3 inch loses power now remember we have all read different things and have our own opinion. Standard boost is 15psi the piping needs about 17psi to allow it to perform, a simple t and manual boost controller is all you need mate. I would strongly suggest a dyno tuner that knows what to do rather than bolting it all on, trust me on that pm if you like mate
Cheers
HJ

Thanks HJ wise advise as always! Will get in touch via pm tomorrow. I have got an NXS manual booster ready to go when the time is right.

For ease of fitment and bang for buck, a lot of people (including myself) have gone for a Forefront industries one. I've got the large kit as I have no intention of ever getting a winch.

I've also got the FFI billet turbo; small catch can; EGR blank and 3" XForce exhaust with hiflo cat and muffler; EGT and Boost gauges (pillar mounted) and a secondary EGT which measures pre-turbo (the pillar gauge reads post turbo). The pre-one is the Auber electronic with a high temp alarm buzzer connected. My next step is a Chip Express chip from the UK.

Mine's an 03 ZD30 so essentially the same as yours but with 230,000 k's on it.

thanks bud,also agree with jased22 comments too,looks like the forefront model is gonna get the nod too. just been pricing all my intended mods at the moment,cheers for the feedback fellas

cheers happy john,
will definately be doing that, just weighing up the winch mod on a std alloy too at the moment. Supposedly able to do it. cheers

cheers happy john,
will definately be doing that, just weighing up the winch mod on a std alloy too at the moment. Supposedly able to do it. cheers
Winch on standard alloy d22 bar mate. Bolted direct to the chassis rails.

Attachments

• image79.jpg
    image79.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 49
ok, no probs,like how the ones in the pics have cutout the front sections of the original bar. makes it look factory. I intend to fit a front mount intercooler soon so will have to keep this mod in mind so it all ties in. Funny how the modifying list gets longer,hahaha.

ok, no probs,like how the ones in the pics have cutout the front sections of the original bar. makes it look factory. I intend to fit a front mount intercooler soon so will have to keep this mod in mind so it all ties in. Funny how the modifying list gets longer,hahaha.
That cutout looks shithouse I've seen much better work with pinchweld to tidy it up. If I find anymore info shall let you know.
HJ

Latest posts

Back