D22 over boost limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jardz91

Reaction score
Any body fitted a dawes valve to lower boost on zd30? Mine peaks at about 25psi when I put the foot down and goes into limp mode. Tried a manual boost controller on lowest setting and still ran same boost. Anyone installed a dawes valve to lower it? Any opinions or other ways of lowering boost levels

I know my mechanic has fitted over boost valves to zd30 in patrols, cant say I know how good the results are as only time will tell.

boost controllers can only raise boost.. instead of installing a valve to lower the boost you should check why is it overboosting, have a look at your wastegate..

the dawes valve only works on variable turbo's.

remove the manual boost controller. if that dosn't stop the over boost then your waste gate is seized shut or the diaphragm has a hole in it. either way its a waste gate problem that no controller will ever fix.

15 psi is standard, like the others said, wastegate must be stuck shut.

Just installed an adjustable wastegate. I set it too 15psi. Running great now. I have a front mount intercooler anyone think I would gain anything from going higher then this? Obviously not the 25psi+ it was before. Hard to tell cos it hit limp mode every time I put the foot down at 25psi

Just installed an adjustable wastegate. I set it too 15psi. Running great now. I have a front mount intercooler anyone think I would gain anything from going higher then this? Obviously not the 25psi+ it was before. Hard to tell cos it hit limp mode every time I put the foot down at 25psi

good to hear that, I would leave it at 15 psi, but with a front mount you could up the boost a little bit, some people crank it up to 18 psi

factory waste gate spring is 20 psi which is why they peak around 18 psi with exhaust mods.
depending on fueling i would leave it at 15 psi. use the manual boost controller on it as well to remove wastegate creep.

It's chipped front mount intercooled and 3 inch exhaust. I set it too 17psi and its running great so I'm gonna leave it at that

Hi. I too have the overboost problem and would like to buy the adjustable wastegate. Please share a link. Thanks

Latest posts

Back