D22 Rear door speakers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the audio guys seem obsessed with running speakers off amps. I mean yeah sure if you're really pedantic and listen to your music very loud then you should, but for most people, running them off a new-ish head unit will be fine. Most head units these days are punching out 50-60w per channel which is plenty for most mid-range speakers and most listeners alike. I have a Fusion iPod head unit, fusion 6.5" splits front, and fusion 6.5" 2 ways in the rear doors, all running off the head unit, and I have a Focal BUS25 10" slimline subwoofer behind the back seat - the system goes very well and sounds very clean and punchy at the highest level at which you would want to listen to music.

I think the whole "you have to run speakers off an amp" thing is just an old wive's tale from the era when head units were putting out 20-30 watts. That's my opinion anyway

Generally speaking, the "50 watt rms" is more like 20 wrms... a audio mag did a big test a while ago, cant remember which however.

like you said though, unless you want it loud, even 20wrms is plenty.

just finished installing ma new speakers

got alpine type S 6 inch splits in the front
and alpine type R 6x9's in the back doors

the splits went in easy as the 6x9's not so much had to cut door skins and replace the ash tray with speakers

amp and cap mounted on the back of back seat, still needa do that properly still but cable ties seam to be working a treat

hope the pics can help some of you

oh and the difference in sound is incomparable in my opinion well well worth it

Attachments

• IMAG0130.jpg
    IMAG0130.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 319
  • IMAG0131.jpg
    IMAG0131.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 409
  • IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 334
  • IMAG0133.jpg
    IMAG0133.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 311

the splits went in easy as the 6x9's not so much had to cut door skins and replace the ash tray with speakers

amp and cap mounted on the back of back seat, still needa do that properly still but cable ties seam to be working a treat

Whats the go with using the capacitor? wouldent have thought an amp like that would be able to make use of it?

James

Did the 6x9's mount easily on the door frame or did you need to make spacers?

I didn't think it was possible to fit 6x9's but you have me thinking now.

Pointblank i only put the cap in cos i had it in my old car so thought is may as well

Fzrr they fit with a 16mm spacer and about 10mm trimmed off the bottom of them and the speaker grille to miss the door sill, and about 50mm screws, bit of stuffing around and sorta needa be careful getting in and out but i rarely have people in the back so not a real worry for me

best part is is that there is still room for 6"s in the factory spot if u really want more sound not that its needed

Latest posts

Back