D22 Reverse lights.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unkn0wn

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I recently bought a d22 and one of the things i need to fix is the reverse lights, they don't come on (the rest of the tail lights work)

all fuses appear fine

checked the globes, they are fine.

the manual shows there is a shared ground for all the lights, so this should not be an issue.

Manual says to check continuity when in reverse..my multi is broken, so i just put a test light in the wiring to complete the circuit. test light came on but the reverse lights did not.

last night while doing this, i expected the R lights to come on when completing the circuit with the test light. I have just gone over all the electrical wiring diagrams from the manual and its pretty basic.

+12 power comes in, fused, heads to gearbox to the reverse switch. this completes the circuit when R is engaged, the circus heads around the car to the rear tail lamps. in one side of the globe and out the other side to a shared ground.

now im thinking, the test light would not come on, unless the return side of sensor wiring goes to ground somewhere and does not make it to the lights? if it made it to the lights to complete the ground, they should have come on...

can anyone help me out with this?
cheers

What sort of globe base? BA15s?
Whilst vehicle is in reverse with ignition on, Clip the lead from the test light to the side of the globe holder. Touch the test light probe to the centre contact of the globe holder.

What happens?

hey,

tried this tonight mate, nothing.

my mate suggest that using the test light to complete the circuit from the R switch might not be giving the rears enough power, as the lights jew power. I completed the circuit using some wire and the R lights came on, indicating the R switch is faulty.

if my multi meter was working this process would have been easier! lesson learent

I removed the switch, it was fairly tight and there is minimal spanner access for cracking the nut. I ended up cutting the wires and using a deep socket and ratchet to remove it.

ill speak to Nissan tomorrow and see what the damage is for a new one.

Spoke with Nissan and ordered a new reverse switch, $64.10 and it will be here this afternoon.

bit more expensive than i was hoping for, but oh well.

64.10 for a reverse light switch eh.
Could be worse.

if it ends up being the right one - post the part no in the part no thread.

Gearbox
Drivers side
toward top <aka the floor pan>
near where the gearbox meets the transfer case.

Latest posts

Back