D22 STR Turbo Timer ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I would worry about is that without the timer in theory now some one wouldn't need the keys to steal your car if they were quick enough, cause as long as the engine was hot the car would keep running.

The steering wheel will lock when they try to turn it, though? Put an interference switch in the TPS wiring where applicable, too.

Hi Guys, i have a 2003 str d22 navara duel cab, i have been trying to wire up a turbo timer i got from super cheap for $80, it has 4 wires, black (earth) red ( battery) blue (acc) & yellow (ign), i have batt power indication on turbo timer, & when i switch the key off it starts counting down, so that is working fine, but the car shuts off when i turn the key of,instead of running for the period of time allocated, does anyone know what colour wires are what in the ign switch as i dont have a manual with wiring diagrams in it im a bit stuck,

any help would be apreciated, graham....

hey graham,

Ive only had my navara afew months and im looking into adding these mods.

I think your engine has to be running for a while until the timer will be effective? if the engine is only running for say a minute and then u turn it off, it doesnt register as the engine heating up?

not sure tho good luck :)

I've got a Mongoose alarm, with immobiliser & turbo timer built in. I haven't installed it yet (and I don't think I will - if anyone wants to buy it....)

Graham, grab a volt meter or test lamps, take the plastic surround off your steering column and access the back of your ignition barrel. using your test gear, find which terminal has power when you turn the key to "on". I am presuming this is the terminal you need to connect the yellow wire to.

Last edited:
I have got an ARB turbo Timer set in mine , very easy set up just plug and play type no hacking into or spicing wires its been in there over 5 years with no issues

super mini timers

I know this is an old post but was hoping someone might be able to help
I am in the process of wiring in a super mini turbo timer
It has 5 wires
1- Constant -- Red
2 - ACC -- Blue
3 - IGN -- Yellow
4 - Earth
5 - Park

I probed the back of my barrel and found my three wires, wired everything up as it should be. Start the car let it sit 30 seconds turn key off, car turns off automatically but the acc stay on till timer runs out.

Have I missed something?

I did the same thing, you've got the wrong pin on the barrel. I can't remember which one it is but try on of the other live ignitions supplies.

Hi Guys, i have a 2003 str d22 navara duel cab, i have been trying to wire up a turbo timer i got from super cheap for $80, it has 4 wires, black (earth) red ( battery) blue (acc) & yellow (ign), i have batt power indication on turbo timer, & when i switch the key off it starts counting down, so that is working fine, but the car shuts off when i turn the key of,instead of running for the period of time allocated, does anyone know what colour wires are what in the ign switch as i dont have a manual with wiring diagrams in it im a bit stuck,

any help would be apreciated, graham....

wrong ignition wire. TT isnt interrupting the signal

Latest posts

Back