D22 Suspension Noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason-navara

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have this nose which has happened for as long as i can remember, it only happens when the front gets full travel. its not steering stops, because as you can see in the video my wheels are dead straight, however, i can feel it through the wheel when it happens. it does it with and without the locker but its happened for as long as ive had the car ( coming on 4 years)

any help would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE2ZY0lXHJk

Last edited:
Mine does the same thing, I think it is something to do with the free wheeling hubs, but not sure. I cant say its ever caused me any issues.

Cheers bryan

yea it doesnt stop the car in anyway just wanting to know if anyone has/had the same noise. if they have had it what was the fix? etc?

I also have the same noise, appears to come from the passenger side like yours? I have tried to fix it but I still have the noise, it appears to happen when going from full compression to full extension like articulating over a surface, happens in 2wd and 4wd.

Things I have checked so far, checked body mounts, installed new shocks and torsion bars, checked to see if the tie-rod adjusters were hitting the UCA no evidence of impact on UCA. Replaced the Left Upper Ball Joint.

I am flat out of ideas, last thing that I am down to is the bushing for the Upper and Lower control arms, Scared to take these out though as the factory rubber bushings tend to vulcanise in the mounting spot and they are freaking near impossible to take out.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

I don't have the link but at the muster Gonzo had the exact same noise in his 03 d22 search for his quarry climb at the muster you can hear it very well i forgot what it was but he fixed it not long after.Perhaps send him a pm.Type in gonzo quarry climb on you tube it's about the 4th down a white 22 with a canopy.

Last edited:
Good i remembered it banging and knew yours sounded identical Jason you can certainly hear it on that climb hope it's a cheap fix for you both cheers.
John

Pm's replied ! To answer all it was the UCA bushes they don't realy look bad till you go and replace them with neoprene ones that have shoulders - standard ones don't

Yeah the cost has me shying away from those superior UCAs as well. Could get more height out of them but any more than the standard ones can give and you start getting some serious CV angles which isn't ideal.

Yeah the cost has me shying away from those superior UCAs as well. Could get more height out of them but any more than the standard ones can give and you start getting some serious CV angles which isn't ideal.

My sentiments exactly . It's all beer and skittles till something goes bang :eek:

Ive had mine make that noise too, happened after new shocks , wheel alignment and torsion bar adjustment to level out the car. Sounded like something cracking when I would brake hard going down a hill with my work trailer, I decided not to worry about it, anyway the noise only lasted a few weeks and has not come up again in the last 50000ks!

I get the same noise. Might happen when reversing, braking, sharp corner at speed. I cant find it and i also have Calmini UCA's. The noise seems to come for a while, and then go for a a while. It really pisses me off but has been doing it for over a year now with no signs of problems from it. Got me baffled.

Pete

Latest posts

Back