D22 Transfer case

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeey

Reaction score
Figured my transfer case chain is streched, and is trying to source a SH case. How easy is it to remove and bolt back up? :rambo:

not difficult if its over a pit or or on a hoist.

Never pulled one out on the d22--just changed the oil a few times and like most transfers they are simply a bolt on affair

I've got a manual gearbox from a D21 currently sitting in my shed, just been pulled out. Gearbox is dodgy, but nothing wrong with the transfer. If your is a manual transfer box (TX10) I expect it would be the same, but can't gaurantee it. PM me if you want to ask questions about it.

As far as removal, pulling the whole gearbox involves removing either the torsion bars or the engine. Removing the engine allows you to maneuver the gearbox out, but its still a bugger. Torsion bars would be simpler, but don't forget to mark them where they attach to the crossmembers.

I suspect that unbolting and removing just the transfer box would not necessarily be much easier - it may pull back and clear the rear crossmember but have not tried it myself.

i have replaced my transfer case year and a half ago. removed torsion bars. was a bit of hassle breaking the seal of the tranny onto the gearbox. was real hard. but got it after a lot of cursing and carrying on. i was gonna replace the chain, but if its been stretched, its a worrying thought thinking of the damage it couldve done to the gears. so i just took the safe road and replaced whole transfer. picked mine up for like $500. goodluck

ya got a transfer

ive got one transfer case here im in vic last year i was going to scrap it, ive had a few people want it but its still here along with the other stuff, but now my 4 drive club is looking to run a swapp meet i would like 250 out of it (its in my scrap heap but i wont give it away been screwed in the past)

Latest posts

Back