D22 with YD25 batteries

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickyjoe

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has looked at the two batteries in a YD25 Navara and how easy it is to use one as a fridge battery and the other for the car.

I imagine they have two batteries as one is not enough to start the car but what if you got a super heavy duty start battery with lots of CCA

Rich

Last edited:
I think if you look in detail, you will find an isolator for the 2nd battery (Passenger side front).
The 2011 models from Japan did not include the 2nd battery, and have the same motor YD25.

they are both start batteries
you can isolate them as 1 battery is enough
the 2 start batteries are for euro spec cars
it was cheaper to leave them in at factory apparently

Your starter motor should draw between 500 and 550A, and your battery should be around 700CCA - more than enough.

As Sparra says, isolate the one on the left side of the vehicle and go for it. Put a 30A thermal breaker in, then run some heavy (8sqmm or better) electrical cable for both positive and negative into the tub.

I think the difference between a singe battery and the Thai/euro double battery is about 30cca each. The figures are in the manual.

Also, in the 2010 model, I think the alternator is on the left hand side and directly connected to the left hand battery. You'll know once you pop the bonnet.

Latest posts

Back