D22 won't go.. flashing engine light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spikey

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

a bit stuck at the moment any advice would be appreciated

My father in laws D22 3.0 turbo diesel Navara won't go.

it's a February 02 model ... which is the early non inter-cooled turbo diesel

it drove home fine one night and wouldn't start the next morning

It's a rebuilt motor with less than 40,000k's on it

the engine light flashes in a constant on off pattern and it will turn over and fire but won't run for more than a second or two.

I took it to a mates shop to use his scan tools and couldn't get any of them to communicate with the navara computer ...

I think this points towards a fried computer ... has anyone heard of this happening before ??

Cheers

Sounds to me like you have air in the fuel system.
had this happen to me and it only showed its ugly head when i parked facing up hill. the air was going in around the fuel filter seal. there would be enough fuel there to run it for a few seconds then it would die. continued cranking had it fire every now and then but never run.

Ok so now for some tests for you.
start pressing the primer on top of the fuel filter. any more than 2 pumps before being rock solid and you have a problem here.
Have you replaced any fuel system parts lately?
If so start looking here for your leak. but seems the system in under vacuum (no pump in tank) there wont be any sign of a leak. I think most guys on here are using genuine nissan fuel filters because the ryco ones you get from supercheap/repco seem to have this problem a lot.

Try pumping the primer till its hard then try and start again.

hope this helps
got a little sidetracked as i was typing this

Thanks for the replies fellas :)

The first thing I tried was replacing the fuel filter and bleeding the system and the primer goes hard after 1 or 2 pumps

(strangely if the engine is warm and the swirl valve hoses are off, it will idle not nicely but it will run )

I found a service manual link on this forum :) and I've printed the relevant pages so I can try to find the fault codes in the morning

I'll let you guys know how I go

Cheers

Okay so I pulled the codes and got a 0505...

which according to a post I found on this forum is no fault..

so by stuffing around with the plugs in the engine bay I (totally by chance)
worked out that it was the crank angle sensor when I unplugged it it started to idle nicely and became drive-able (lacking in response but it can be driven)

I hope this helps someone else when they have the same drama :)

Latest posts

Back