D22 YD25 occasional flatspot/hesitation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithbro

Reaction score
So I've had my 2011 D22 for almost 6 months now and recently it's developed a random flatspot/hesitation when accelerating under load.

It doesn't happen every time you drive, so could be tricky for me to take to a workshop to diagnose.

Basically when accelerating in 2nd/3rd gear it has an occasional massive flatspot/hesitation. This seems to clear up if I ease off the throttle and accelerate again.

The engine is basically 100% stock other than the EGR being blocked off. 32,000 km's on the clock. The truck was recently serviced by the dealership we bought it from, so the oil is fresh.

I've read that the fuel filter may need replacing? I also found a thread somewhere saying the YD25 will do this if you use the wrong type of oil? (not saying I believe this, seems strange that oil could cause a flatspot)

Has anyone had or solved this issue?

Thanks

Alex

have a good look at your air filter, make sure its clean
when was the fuel filter last changed?
clean your maf sensor,you can buy the cleaner at supercheap and its a 2 min job but very important imo
make sure all elect connections to your neutral pos switch are clean and firmly clipped in

AND
throw a bottle of fuel doctor in it, also aval from supercheap
I suggest you give it a good shock dose then use it every tank

cheers

have a good look at your air filter, make sure its clean
when was the fuel filter last changed?
clean your maf sensor,you can buy the cleaner at supercheap and its a 2 min job but very important imo
make sure all elect connections to your neutral pos switch are clean and firmly clipped in

AND
throw a bottle of fuel doctor in it, also aval from supercheap
I suggest you give it a good shock dose then use it every tank

cheers

Fuel filter may be the original one. How often are they supposed to be changed?

I will check the air filter, service report says it was cleaned though.

Have contact cleaner at home so I'll do the MAF.

Where's the neutral position switch? And also is there a specific type of fuel doctor for diesels?

Did the fuel doctor shock treatment. Took it for a hilly drive after filling up, loading it up in third where it normally hesitates. Seems fixed! Admittedly I had run the tank down very low twice trying to see how many kms I could get from a tank before the hesitation started. Must have drank all the crap out of the bottom of the tank. Cleaned the MAF this arvo too. Won't say its 100% fixed until I've driven for a few weeks without issue.

Hey mate
I have exactly the same nearly same km and same egr mod. I had under a quarter of a tank of fuel and found this under power with an empty trailer on the back. Felt like a big resistance against the car and could only go at 40-50kmhr. Noticed the fuel garage draining quicker and as soon as I made it hoke slowly and re tried again fuel garage returned to normal non rapid reading. Put a new tank of fuel in but no signs of problem yet. Would like to catch before warranty expires. Not sure if egr would affect any of them but I assume it would help the car and prevent an egr from brings tucked open. I also have a snorkel which was sucking air well. Please keep me updated.

How did you go smithbro? Having the same problem and think it's only doing in when fuel tank gets down to about 1/4 full ?

Interesting..mine was intermittent also--turned out to be the Intercooler was leaking sometimes

Latest posts

Back