D22 YD25 rear wheel bearings

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueMutt

Reaction score
I've just done a 4000km trip and noticed a bearing noise from the LH rear.
Any tips or tricks with ordering and changing a rear wheel bearing on this model?
Cheers

Never done them. You may work out they just need repacking. I leave these thing to the mechanic. As its my only form of transport for now.

Rears should be lubricated by diff oil, not grease, so if they're noisy they will need replacing. Normally they are a press on/off arrangement, so if you can't do that yourself just remove the half shafts and take them to a workshop with the new bearings and seals and they should press the old ones off and new ones on for not much cost....

If they are the same as 06 D22 they are lubricated in grease . they are also shimmed to determine preload so you need to have access to a press for removal and fitment of bearing and dial gauge to set them up .Just be careful of the axle seal when refitting the axle as if you damage it oil from diff will leak on brakes etc the w/shop manual explains the process reasonably ..
Just make sure it is axle bearings as mine finished up being carrier bearings .
Look at your diff oil and see if can see any metallic flex in it (hard casing from bearings )
Chris

Sounds like your all set .just if you can not see any hard facing damage on wheel bearings check carrier bearings .I did the lot but pinion bearings were okay .

Latest posts

Back