D22 yd25 stalling/eratic idle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coogsnav

Reaction score
My 2010 Nav is currently having a issue with stalling and eratic idle when cold
Has anyone else had this issue ?Any info would be great
Cheers

Hi mate, have you changed your fuel filter lately. If you have reset your ECU. That can cause that to happen. Reset it anyway it won't hurt it try. Their are threads on here on how to do it. Mine will sometimes idle rough on a cold start and smells a bit rich but I think it is just how they are. The stalling issue I have only had after doing fuel filters. Apparently nissan reset the ECU after they change it due to fuel rail pressure rising with the clean filter. Hope this helps

Thanks mate yeah changed the fuel filter about 10,000 ago have pulled it out and checked for leaks water crap etc,Also reset ecu.

Hello all,

To save a new thread, I'm having similar problems in my 2008 d22 2.5 except mine still does it when the engine is hot as well, however it doesnt seem to be as bad as it is when its cold. I have replaced the fuel filter, reset the ECU and the neutral position switch is working also.

I have posted a video on utube below, the video was taken when the engine was cold (last night when leaving work). You can see the idling is rough and when I rev it up over 1000rpm and hold it there it jumps around and eventually stalls.... :eek:

http://youtu.be/34QzdTXvW3w

I have a OBD2 tool in the mail as I type this, but not sure if it will say much as its not throwing an engine light.

Any ideas would be great.

Cheers
Tim

Try and clean the MAF sensor. Not sure if you know where it is so it's the one in the air filter tube before the turbo. You can buy MAF cleaning spray from super cheap etc. don't touch it or wipe it as if you damage the wires in the sensor it will require replacing and they are not cheap to buy. If you are using air filters that require oil such as a K&N they are prone to giving you problems.
Cheers.

Hope that's it. I know last time I oiled mine I over did it a bit and it kept fowling up the sensor quite regularly and it kept going into limp mode or it would get a missive flat spot until I cleaned it.

Cleaned the MAF and put back together and no change :afraid:

Going to buy some fuel additive tomorrow and see if that cleans up the injectors perhaps.

Any other ideas?

Cheers
Tim

Last edited:
Are you using a genuine fuel filter. The last genuine one I bought came with an extra "0" ring

image-174422082.jpg

image-1086662620.jpg

Check that you have the small one on the threaded section of the primer housing. Mine was originally missing.

no im not using a genuine f/filter, I havent had this problem before and using the ryco filters every time.

Ill make this addition next time I change the filter tho.

Ill try the injector cleaner and report back.

Thanks for the tips!

Cheers
Tim

no im not using a genuine f/filter, I havent had this problem before and using the ryco filters every time.

Ill make this addition next time I change the filter tho.

Ill try the injector cleaner and report back.

Thanks for the tips!

Cheers
Tim

What was the outcome Tim?

Erratic idle and occasional loss of power on acceleration

G'day everyone, I have a Navara 2008 D22 DX with a YD25 (2.5l common rail turbo diesel) engine.

I learnt a great deal from the forums and wanted to share my experiences with this engine.

I bought it in May 2012, and it had an erratic idle on cold start. then it developed an awful chain like noise on cold start too.

That turned out to be a loose fan belt, despite the dealer telling me it was a timing chain issue that only their genuine parts from Japan would fix ($4400). It went away when i poured water on the moving belt and disappeared when I had them replaced ($100)

Over time it would stall occasionally. The erratic idle became all the time not just when cold. Then it began to be sometimes unresponsive to the accelerator and would 'hesitate' even on warm idle.

My mechanic thought it would be best to replace the injectors, but again i wanted to try something cheaper first and studied the forums.

I checked the MAF sensor and found that was dirty so cleaned that and then had the suction control valve replaced and what a difference!!

Its like a rocket! OK a diesel one. haha
Thanks everyone.

Latest posts

Back