D22 ZD30 100k major service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

Reaction score
Ok so I've just hit the 100 000km mark on the d22. It occurs to me that my engine has a timing chain and not a belt so I don't need to do anything with that do I? If so thats a massive win already. What other things should be checked at this stage as I would normally do the tensioner and water pump on other vehicles I have had. I got a price on a water pump from Nissan and it was $501 so I don't think I will change it for the sake of it. Anybody got any tips? I already plan on changing gear oils but I'm more interested in the engine side of things. Cheers.

Engine oil and filter, Gearbox oil and Transfer.

Air Filter, throw a fuel filter on to.

Water pump, if the Coolent has been change at the correct intervals. Dont bother about the water pump.

Mines still original, so is the timing chain. 250,000km's.

Think the fan belt is 150,000km's old. I really should change that. Lol.

By the book yes. By my recommendation no. It's a small price in extra oil to pay to keep them fresh. The amount of water you get in your rear diff is crazy

Good point.

I have a good rear diff breather.

I added diff before someone quoted me and made fun of it. Lol.

Thanks guys yeah I was planning on doing the diff oil and all the driveline stuff. More interested in the engine side of things. I don't have the service book on me but is there an interval for the fan belt as mine hasn't been done yet. might be worth doing the tensioner pulley thing aswell I guess.

I got nissan to do the 120k service onmine recently, it being a major birthday, and at at least 60k since a professional service i thought it could use a thorough going over. $850 and and they 'checked' the gearbox oil, used clear coolant that looks a lot like water, generally they did nothing special and whats more, i dont know if its been done at all. Oh well its $850 the tax-man doesnt get, but never again.
[edit]; i did get mints, a pen and a chamois cloth, big fucken woop.

You should try and get a copy of the service manual from someone or buy it from Nissan.
That way you know exactly what needs to be done.

^ What he said.

Your water pump should be still good. 100,000km's is not alot of work.

Not even broken in yet.. If you service it every 10k it's a baby

Ive changed my oil every 10k and oil filter every 2nd oil change and i swear the thing is going better every year iv had it like as if its still running in or something. Its gradually gone from brand new and completely gutless to 8 years old, paid for itself a million times over and not completely gutless.:3gears:
And that is with no mods except a 2.5" cat-back. Only did egr/swirl and dump pipe in the last two weeks.

Latest posts

Back