D22 ZD30 Manifold Clean 240K

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulga

Reaction score
Howdy,

Big day, I just had the manifold off my 2005 with nearly 240,000 ks on the clock. I only did the EGR blanking last weekend so I reckon it looked pretty good for the ks.

P1050747_zpsbqtfmmr6.jpg
[/IMG]

Yeah I did mine at like 110xxxkms and I didnt think it looked too bad at all. Yours is clean as though and still better than mine! Probably a good idicator of the health of the engine too, can only be a good thing

mulga, why did you pull the manifold off?

When I popped the EGR pipe to plate it last weekend the pipe was 1/3 blocked by carbon/oil crud. Thought I'd take off the manifold to clean it as it's never been done (and there was some crud in it). Probably wasn't necessary but only found that out once I had it off, but now its done I'm happy; piece of mind.

Would engine temp have anything to do with why my manifold is so clean? I have had the car since new and have always warmed (idled) it up before driving. EGR doesn't kick in before 1200rpm (?) and the car idles at 750rpm. Maybe the higher cylinder temps combusted the EGR gases more efficiently?

I would normally warm up form cold for between 2 to 5 minutes depending ambient temp.

Latest posts

Back