D40 Alloy Wheels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John C

Reaction score
Hi All, Was reading another Navara forum and read of all D40 Alloy wheels being recalled because of a hair line fracture they say the recall is world wide. they say 35,000 in the UK alone.
Anyone here in Australia headr anything?

John

There is already a thread about this but I'm not sure anyone has official recall notices yet. There's one member who suffered through it a few years ago but have a search I'm sure you'll find the other thread.

I contacted my dealer and they say only one recall on my Navara, but then contacted Nissan Australia and they say there has been TWO recalls and supplied me with the code numbers for same - getting back on to my dealer first thing in the morning. Nissan Australia website has details re the hairline cracks on alloy wheels - supposed to receive notices of same by mid-June.
John

I rang the dealers here in canberra and they knew nothing about it
Nissan doesnt always keep their dealerships informed until they need the info. We usually hear about the recalls well before the dealerships

Aussie Frontier, Rang my dealer here in Brisbane and they know nothing so rang Nissan Australia and I am told that dealers havent been notified as yet and there will be a recall notice sent out to them in two weeks. Was told it was about the wheels being fitted correctly which I think is Bu****it. Talk about a run round from Nissan Australia I have come to the conclusion that they are not sure what's going on themselves
I will be checking my Dealer in two weeks.

John

Even the poms are only suggesting it's 05-08 rims of a certain batch that are effected by cracking and will be replaced if in that batch.

It's not overly suprising dealers here know little about it, or they are denying it until Nissan give the go ahead so they aren't inundated with people screaming for new wheels before they can "officially" do them which I think is more likely given that it has been recognised as a global issue by Nissan.

I concur with the above, I rang my dealer 3 weeks (when it was 1st pout up on Nissans website) ago and they knew nothing. They now know about it but don't know what it is going to involve yet.

Well when you consider the dates according to the global recall are 05-08 and so far there seems to be a few with more recent buys than that wondering or contacting Nissan you can understand their ideas for not making a huge deal of this yet. Easier for them to plead ignorant or say watch this space and hold people off long enough that those unaffected can be taken out of the process by directly notifying those that are.

According to VFACTS the for the first quarter of 2007 in the middle of the years the UK site refers to, Navara's didn't even make the top 20 so they sold less than 1200 models Australia wide for the first 3 months of the year. No idea what the breakdown D22 to D40 was at the time but even if it was half that still only averages out to 2400 cars Australia wide for the year of 07. Use the 4 years and covered by the recall dates and it's only just 10,000 trucks in Australia. It's a loose average but it sort of goes along with their figures I'd reckon, would depend alot on just how wide the 8500 trucks covers, because that UK Nav forum has a bloody wide spread of users.

I got all excited about this because I have two cracks in one of my wheels, I thought it was 4WDing that had done it (probably was), I thought I might get 4 new rims!! After reading more, my wheels didn't crack on the lock nuts... they cracked on the spokes... really should do something about them...

I got all excited about this because I have two cracks in one of my wheels, I thought it was 4WDing that had done it (probably was), I thought I might get 4 new rims!! After reading more, my wheels didn't crack on the lock nuts... they cracked on the spokes... really should do something about them...

The spokes are where they are cracking on the D40. I would go back to nissan ASAP and demand new ones.

booked my d40 in for service on the 23/06/11 and they mentioned the recall for the wheel crackkk prob at the time. they will inspect and replace if needed.

Latest posts

Back