D40 Alternator bearing squeal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Changed pulley but alternator still would not charge. Ended up pulling it apart and found one of the wires connecting to a brush had welded itself to the tension spring.
Managed a temp repair by soldering in some more copper wire and replaced spring with one from a biro. Will have to order up new brush units on Monday but alternator working for now.

Murph

you can get the pulley direct from precision parts wagga in a overnight bag cheaper and quicker

Well you can see when I replaced mine November last year
, it seized Monday distroying the shaft. Wouldn't be a problem normally but I was between port Augusta and ceduna at the time towing our van. Not impressed.

Well you can see when I replaced mine November last year
, it seized Monday distroying the shaft. Wouldn't be a problem normally but I was between port Augusta and ceduna at the time towing our van. Not impressed.

update on this, contacted the supplier and sent the stuffed one back. they didnt go along the never happened/must have fitted wrong, 3 others in the batch have failed.checked out and refunded the replacement alternator and 2 nights accommodation .cant beat that for customer service.

Has anyone replaced the bearings in the alternator itself? I've done the pulley bearing but have a different noise now. Some spray fixes it (temporarily) so is very likely the alternator bearings. Can anyone recommend a supplier? Or is it one of those jobs where it just saves a whole lot of heartache to hit ebay and buy a replacement alternator?

Back