D40 Auto Gas conversion Perth?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its gone up again then, I paid **** LOL dont worry Rob I wont tell HAHAHA

for your $2000 that would also include the chip , mind you I dont think you will need it , the petrol on its own would give the little more that your after without compromising your economy . The old saying goes you get nothing for nothing , more fuel more power at what gain ???

I imagine setting up your own petrol injection system would be fairly straight forward? Basically similar to the toluene or water injection systems we use to run on our mini's years ago.

You have it in one Marty. We have spent a long time making it right. and a lot of features make the kit top notch

And 2 years warranty

I didn't realise it came with the chip to. Sounds very interesting.

I carry 140L of diesel, what size petrol tank would be required?

Petrol system does not recieve any rebates, correct?
The $2000 you talk about chipit is just for the kit and is self install?
I would have to pay more as i have no intention, tools or ability to install it myself.

LPG system has $2500 of free rebate money attached to it. Which covers more than half of the installed cost.

What I find interesting is how much more gas conversions cost these days compared to the days before government rebates.

LPG system has $2500 of free rebate money attached to it. .

Where do you get the 2.5k from ??? MTAWA - Latest News

anyway the difference between the two fuels is this, there is far more stored energy in Petrol than LPG a bigger bang for your dollar if you like and more power at the wheels

I should add I have nothing to do with Chipit in any way, shape or form its just I own a LPG powered Diesel D40 and a Petrol/Diesel Landcrusier , one is more laid back if you like in the way the power is achieved where the other its a noticeable increase in power throughout the rev range

If you want to get more Power you need more fuel simple, change the rate that a more combustible can be delivered and you now burn the remaining 30% that would normally go straight out the rear pipe , by adding a little LPG or Petrol to the air stream you will get the full burn , this is where the extra power comes from , if you wanted better economy than do as I did just go for either LPG or Petrol kit without the chip you will still have stacks more usable power than you did before

There you have it in a nut shell so to speak

Like someone told me not that long ago, if you dont like it dont buy it case :closed:

Marty

What I find interesting is how much more gas conversions cost these days compared to the days before government rebates.

How true that is , I fitted my LPG system myself , I did all the mounting etc etc etc all but the high pressure side of it this I had done by an LPG ticket installer total cost $350 , shop around and see what you can come up with, most just take it and pay for it while others do the hard work and reap the rewards in the end

Marty

We did the install on a 93 or 94 Falcon ute just after it was brought because we were too cheap to pay the $700 odd to have it "professionally" installed. Now days $700 hardly buys you the book that tells you you shouldn't do it at home because gas goes bang.

So, from what i gather. Diesel/Petrol is the way to go?

I got the 2500 from adding the WA state rebate, but i just re-read the web site and it has ceased as of July 1, 2009. Missed the boat on that one.

Best i find out what it will cost + install.

Nah just get the gas bottle from the BBQ, weld it to the outside of the tub on the same side as the diesel tank filler, (you would want to be stupid and mount it on the other side), then run a hose into the engine bay. Splice the gas pipe into the diesel line and turn everything on.

Treat it as a little weekend DIY, 10 mins work and many minutes of enjoyment as you roast marshmallows by a roaring fire before the CFA turn up. Might also be an idea to have your insurance company on speed dial before you do such DIY because they might like marshmallows too.

The non professional welder is what this is aimed at, if the cylinder isn't full to the top with gas then the air expands and explodes, gas doesn't expand the same way therefore gives the amateur welder longer to get his welds right. To make life easier and save as many trips to the servo you can always use your storage method and stick it in the tub to keep it safe.

I hope there aren't to many yanks or Nuf Nuf's on this forum, as I believe you may have just killed a few off.

We'll wait for the next update of the Darwin awards. I'm fairly sure I remember Biscuits saying he wasn't originally from Perth so I felt confident that he wouldn't take the comments too seriously, if I'm wrong and he is from Perth it might be the last we hear from him though.

haha, poor sepo's.

Disclaimer: If you are American and read this forum please make sure you are wearing flip flops when welding gas cylinder to outside of tub. This will prevent you from earthing out.

Shorts are another must have accessory for welding. My old neighbour once gave himself a very nasty case of something similar to sun burn when he was welding something at ground level in shorts.. There was nearly chestnuts roasting on an open fire that day.

Latest posts

Back