d40 bashplates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericcs

Reaction score
can't seem to find anyone in brisbane who has d40 underbody protection plates in stock, regardless of brand. have been waiting for weeks!
was hoping for something before the muster.

Hey gents,

I ordered mine from ironman and ETA mid November. Seem's not many place's or any have them in stock.

tried ebay, the different sellers still advertise despite having nil stock

rang heaps of 4x4 accessory shops, the one that answered all gave the nil stock reply

brown davis brisbane distributer says next week maybe

ironman, as mentioned november sometime

no one has tjm in stock

arb need to order, but still i can,t afford the $700+ atm for the full set

torq4x4 are also waiting on the distributer for stock

will probably go with a brown davis front half, so hopefully the distributor gets his supply next week

has anyone tried bushskins?

I don't know about Bushskins on a Nav but the Pajero boys seem very happy with them.

Check the comments on the Pajero forum. Kieron aka Bushskins is a member there.

I have a bush skins unit on my D40. Very happy with it so far. It doesn't cover the transfer case though - just replaces the crappy metal radiator guard and plastic sump guard with 4 mm steel plate :)

They make them for Spanish D40s though so if you have a Thai one then this won't be for you. Additionally, if you don't have an Xrox bar you will need to make an additional bracket. Here's the one I made up :)

ieyg.jpg

Last edited:
Eric,
I went through exactly the same thing over a week ago, after learning direct from Ironman that their order of Bash Plates for stock (including D40s) was fragmented... ie arrived with only part of the order and no explanation of when the rest would arrive.

As at early last week there was only 1 set of Brown Davis in Brisbane and it was quoted to me for over $940 for the 3 pc set - supply only.

I recall asking many months ago about whether anyone here had a template to enable those of us willing to do the leg work ourselves - to get them made up locally to avoid expensive freight costs for 3mm plate from interstate. No luck with that.

Scottybobcat - may have a unit in stock near Melbourne.

Good luck with your search.

tried ebay, the different sellers still advertise despite having nil stock
rang heaps of 4x4 accessory shops, the one that answered all gave the nil stock reply
brown davis brisbane distributer says next week maybe
ironman, as mentioned november sometime
no one has tjm in stock
arb need to order, but still i can,t afford the $700+ atm for the full set
torq4x4 are also waiting on the distributer for stock
will probably go with a brown davis front half, so hopefully the distributor gets his supply next week
has anyone tried bushskins?

I have a bush skins unit on my D40. Very happy with it so far. It doesn't cover the transfer case though - just replaces the crappy metal radiator guard and plastic sump guard with 4 mm steel plate :)

They make them for Spanish D40s though so if you have a Thai one then this won't be for you. Additionally, if you don't have an Xrox bar you will need to make an additional bracket. Here's the one I made up :)

ieyg.jpg

I currently don't have a bullbar, so will it then require an additional plate
To get it to bolt to the cross member?

from grasshopper

Eric,
I went through exactly the same thing over a week ago, after learning direct from Ironman that their order of Bash Plates for stock (including D40s) was fragmented... ie arrived with only part of the order and no explanation of when the rest would arrive.

As at early last week there was only 1 set of Brown Davis in Brisbane and it was quoted to me for over $940 for the 3 pc set - supply only.

I recall asking many months ago about whether anyone here had a template to enable those of us willing to do the leg work ourselves - to get them made up locally to avoid expensive freight costs for 3mm plate from interstate. No luck with that.

Scottybobcat - may have a unit in stock near Melbourne.

Good luck with your search.
yeah, with ironman plates coming from china, it's always going to be hit and miss.

if i do buy one, i'll probably go for a front 1 piece brown davis, as they don't need any extra plate at the front to mount to the chassis, otherwise a workmate has a BD, so might take a few measurements and see what i can make myself.

i've sent a few pm's to scottybobcat, but haven't heard back yet.

i know with ironman, but not sure withe tjm or arb, but they need all 3 sections to get the required strength

I currently don't have a bullbar, so will it then require an additional plate
To get it to bolt to the cross member?

You shouldn't need to make up a bracket if you are mounting up to the standard points... check with BushSkinz first though ;)

Might be worth giving the guy a buzz as he pointed out that they have had some compatibility issues with Navara's due to the different manufacturing processes/countries etc...

I picked up a old front Brown Davis bash plate .. it seems to not fit my 2012 D40 (Spanish). Do you need to remove the current steel (1mm) factory plate?
Does anyone happen to have instructions?

Latest posts

Back