D40 Bluetooth

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40Craig

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has had any trouble connecting their mobile phone to the standard Bluetooth in the D40. I have just picked up my new Nav and can't connect. Old Bluetooth was fine. The sales guy ran thru it and connected his phone and then disconnected it, but no go with mine. I have also tryed a spare phone that I have and also the wife's phone but nothing seems to work. All the phones find the car but the car won't find the phones. Any ideas?
Cheers Craig.

what phones are you using? i know my HTC i have to turn on "make my device discoverable" in the connting settings

I haven't had a problem pairing both my work phone (Nokia) and my personal phone (iPhone) with my D40. A couple of times I've had the phone disconnect and been unable to reconnect until I have turned the car off and back on. The dealer warned me that external interference to the Bluetooth could do that and since it has happened twice at the same intersection I'm not going to blame the car for that.

I haven't had a problem pairing both my work phone (Nokia) and my personal phone (iPhone) with my D40. A couple of times I've had the phone disconnect and been unable to reconnect until I have turned the car off and back on. The dealer warned me that external interference to the Bluetooth could do that and since it has happened twice at the same intersection I'm not going to blame the car for that.

Do You know you dont have to turn the car off to get it to reconnect?
You can just go into the settings from the steering controls and select pairing and connections, then from there select what handset you want to connect with.
That way you dont have to turn the car off, or you can change handsets wile on the run.
I use it to go between my work and personal phones all the time, and sometimes when fro what ever reason it hasnt connected or taking too long

I was wondering if anyone has had any trouble connecting their mobile phone to the standard Bluetooth in the D40. I have just picked up my new Nav and can't connect. Old Bluetooth was fine. The sales guy ran thru it and connected his phone and then disconnected it, but no go with mine. I have also tryed a spare phone that I have and also the wife's phone but nothing seems to work. All the phones find the car but the car won't find the phones. Any ideas?
Cheers Craig.

Mate i would be taking the car and a few phones and going back to nissan, so they can see how it is failing to work. Let them sort it out.
I have both a nokia and Iphone which work fine, i have also set it up for my wifes phone which is a really old nokia that she just wont throw away.

So if you have tried to follow the steps in the manual and its still not working, take it into Nissan.

nathand22 said:
Do You know you dont have to turn the car off to get it to reconnect?
You can just go into the settings from the steering controls and select pairing and connections, then from there select what handset you want to connect with.
That way you dont have to turn the car off, or you can change handsets wile on the run.
I use it to go between my work and personal phones all the time, and sometimes when fro what ever reason it hasnt connected or taking too long

I know how to pair the phones and reconnect them, and it normally works perfectly but on a few occasions the work phone has disconnected and will not reconnect until the car is switched off and back on.

I know how to pair the phones and reconnect them, and it normally works perfectly but on a few occasions the work phone has disconnected and will not reconnect until the car is switched off and back on.

Thats weird, i wonder why it requires that before you can reconnect.
You would think you could force it to connect instead of having to reset the system altogether......

Thanks for all your input guys. I tryed a mates phone and in worked perfectly. I talked to Nissan again and their 'tech' guy said it could be just because it's just an old phone?. Went to Dick Smiths and picked up a Samsung 'Unlocked' phone and it's all good. Not a bad phone either for $50.
Thanks again
Craig.

Latest posts

Back