D40 Car accident - Parts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not the repairers fault, they're also stuck with a thumping big ute in 10 pieces on their shop floor unable to do anything, I'd reckon the loaner should be coming from Nissan.

Six months to get parts on an air conditioner is absolutely ridiculous. You could build a new car in less time than that.

The problem I have is.... I can't drive my car. If the airbags weren't critical to process, I'd happily be driving around quietly counting down the days until the parts came in (well.... mostly happy).

In round numbers I pay $1500 a month inc finance, rego, fuel, insurance, services etc etc etc for a car that I haven't seen in 6 weeks. I'm also paying fuel for the car I *am* driving.

Smash repairer says that my car is being repaired as a priority, but they can do nothing more until the airbags are in and even *they* can't get an answer out of Nissan.

Considering the money I spent - I'd have hoped for an answer. Please - Don't get me wrong, the answer may not even be the one I want.. but at least I'd be able to make a contingency plan.

Hope you get it back soon. Another reason I sold my d40 parts, just where so hard to find.
Yeah I 6 months for air con part. And the cars are only 3 months old.

For the loaner car nissan will say stiff shit. Your fault that caused the accident... I'm not at all being mean I'm just stating the fact that nissan couldn't give a shit about us at all once they have taken our hard earned cash. I love my d40 but knowing nissan have your back. Well I lost that yrs ago.. Good luck anyways and hope it is resolved for you asap.

Yeah I stopped going to Nissan when they stuffed my wheel alignment up, 2 days after I got it done.

I once had a new model Ford Falcon XR6 in the repairers for 3 months after a car accident. Again because of lack of part availability.

I rang Nissan on Monday and told them their customer service stinks.

Told them that I realized sometimes the news was bad news, but that I still needed to know what the hell was going on.

The guy was most sympathetic, took all me details, found the shipping number of my airbags and swore he'd get right back to me.

That was Monday. Its Thursday. Just rang smash repairer... no airbags.

Not surprised.

Wrote a little ditty for Nissan last night... I'd post it here, but I swear a bit.

Airbags have arrived!!

I gave up waiting for the phone call that Nissan promised me (8 days later) and called them this morning. The airbags arrived on Friday. Should arrive at the smash repairer on Wednesday / Thursday.

IF they're the right bags the auto electrician will install them immediately and the car will be reassembled. I *should* have my car early next week is what they're telling me.

If they're not the right bags, don't be surprised If you hear about a disgruntled Nissan Customer losing her shit in the local dealership.

You have handled it very patiently given the circumstances, I guess Nissan could of communicated a bit better it sounds like their hands were tied. Enjoy the celebratory rum.....

You have handled it very patiently given the circumstances, I guess Nissan could of communicated a bit better it sounds like their hands were tied. Enjoy the celebratory rum.....

Nearly lost it towards the end there - but its all happening now -

Confirmed with the smash repairer yesterday that the airbags have been installed. So thats a huge win!

They did however tell me that when they started the car a "transmission oil" warning came up, telling them to contact the dealer, so the car has to go to the nissan dealer on Monday LOL. They said there is no evidence of a leak, and they're not sure what the problem is, it might just be the computer freaking out as a consequence of the accident.

Ironically, I was on my way to my 80k service when I had the smash, so it might just be a coincidence LOL

All going well, She will be back in my driveway on Wednesday.

11143158_10153043848302339_4528667136920582606_n.jpg

So... a few things.

My car is back, and the repair looks absolutely amazing. Entire new front end, every panel on the front, including the grill and headlights was replaced. It looks like a new car.

But.

I don't understand why you would go to all that trouble of of airbags, replacement panels and refit - to only wash half a car.

The front end of the car doesn't have a single mark on it, its gleaming in the sunlight. Everything from the front wheels back looks like I've just been 4wding.

The inside of the car looks like it was cleaned a fortnight ago. Dust on the fan vent blades, and just a bit "dusty". Again.. .all the dirt that was in the car before the accident was there when I picked it up (there is a muddy footprint on in inside on the passenger side ....

Thirdly. My galvinised steel "spreader bar" that keeps the soft cover "taught" has been replaced by some folded machined old version that doesn't take the tension out of the cover. I said to the guy that handed the keys over - thats not my spreader bar, and he replied "The guys didn't touch the back of the car" I pointed out that there is a box full of my posessions in the back, so clearly someone did - and that is definitely not my spreader bar - pointing out that once the cover was snapped down, it pooled in the middle. I have to call the repairer tomorrow to find out what happened to the spreader bar.

relieved to have my car back, but honestly thought that considering how they went on about their attention to detail that it might have been a bit cleaner?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back