D40 d/cab DIY deck under ARB canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockyOne

Reaction score
Was looking for funds to get pro drawer for D40. As I found I had all the materials in our sheds, decided to DIY instead. Can now use the $1200 or so for a 2" ARB etc lift and real shockers. Mate gave me unwanted marine carpet to finish it all off. I re-cycled some re-cycled steel RHS and some aluminium angles. Drilled lots of handy holes in the angles for load restraining bungees and ratchet straps. Seven good sized lidded plastic bins fit under deck. Fridge slide makes it easy to access some bins. Mass of room on the top deck now. Easy access through the ARB lift up & sliding windows or rear.

Attachments

• P1020925_xl.jpg
    P1020925_xl.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 271
  • P1020926_xl.jpg
    P1020926_xl.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 274
  • P1020927_xl.jpg
    P1020927_xl.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 273
  • P1020928_xl.jpg
    P1020928_xl.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 262
  • P1000928_xl.jpg
    P1000928_xl.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 213
Nice work! My old man built something similar to that for his BT50 except his under shelf storage is an easy slide drawer so he can get to it all without too much effort. Loosing the height in my ute is still a disadvantage to me but for those who don't want the height at short notice such storage systems can be a good idea.

What size timber is that? It might pay to take the ute over a weigh bridge, Woody (the long missing Woody) found out he was a bit too keen when he made his shelving and drawers out of 19mm because by the time he loaded up with his recovery gear etc he left bugger all capacity for people and luggage before the maximum load limit was reached.

That looks pretty good!

It looks like there's almost enough room to the left of the fridge for an aux battery as well. Good stuff!
Thanks OT. Yes,plenty room for my spare battery just forward of the fridge and rear of the top shelf. Got a magic multi LED 12v light from our local Emerald Jaycar sub agent. Their magnets we not suitable to grab the ARB support pipe (for load bearing roof rack.Me) so ditched them and had some left over big Terry clips I fitted to it with 'zip' ties and black foam rubber. $47 light plugs into my spare dual fridge socket sparky wire in plus it comes with internal battery and 240/12v charger. Magic ARB canopy comes with a high stop light and internal switched bulb type light as well. Saving to get Redarc etc dual battery control/charge system to top it all off.

Nice work! My old man built something similar to that for his BT50 except his under shelf storage is an easy slide drawer so he can get to it all without too much effort. Loosing the height in my ute is still a disadvantage to me but for those who don't want the height at short notice such storage systems can be a good idea.

What size timber is that? It might pay to take the ute over a weigh bridge, Woody (the long missing Woody) found out he was a bit too keen when he made his shelving and drawers out of 19mm because by the time he loaded up with his recovery gear etc he left bugger all capacity for people and luggage before the maximum load limit was reached.
Thanks K. My re-cycled structural form ply is more like 15mm. As I always travel with others with a few clues, I only need the basic recovery kit and like to have some weight at rear for less bucking. If I need to carry big stuff local, the trailer is the go. Camp trips the Aussie Swag does the carrying with ease and tows magic. The load bearing ARB canopy/load bearing roof rack would have to be the best combo I have ever purchased. Improved my pix out bush heaps. I re-cycled a pool steel tube ladder for it. An exhaust 'U' bolt locates it securely onto tow ball (stationary). Lives up top.

Latest posts

Back