D40 dual battery setup

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vool104

Reaction score
Champas!!

I've just bought a redarc sbi12 battery isolator to wire up my dual battery system. Just want to see or find out where others have mounted there isolator. Cheers peeps. Ps it's a Spanish d40

It's an 07 tiger st. And linebacker, I've decided on putting it inside a box in the back of my tray. I can't see any positives in putting it underneath.

Mines in the rear box, with the two agm I have in there. Although I run a bcdc charger the isolator is connected to the mains for the pourpse of jump starting myself :)

Mines in the rear box, with the two agm I have in there. Although I run a bcdc charger the isolator is connected to the mains for the pourpse of jump starting myself :)

I definitely want to meet you on the xmas run this weekend. Never seen anybody with battery terminals for nipple rings.:love sign:

To the OP: you'll find that one of the most important things you can do to make the system reliable is spend a little MORE coin at the start buying better, heavier cable for the (rather) long run from the engine bay.

I definitely want to meet you on the xmas run this weekend. Never seen anybody with battery terminals for nipple rings.:love sign:

To the OP: you'll find that one of the most important things you can do to make the system reliable is spend a little MORE coin at the start buying better, heavier cable for the (rather) long run from the engine bay.

Ha ha it took me a few mins to get that one!!!

Yes I don't need to worry about intelligent alternators lol. That's why I love my early model! She's tough and simple, and tony I've ran 4b&s in my engine bay, and 6b&s back to my aux battery in the tray, it's only 2.2mtrs in length so worked out ok.

Champas!!

I've just bought a redarc sbi12 battery isolator to wire up my dual battery system. Just want to see or find out where others have mounted there isolator. Cheers peeps. Ps it's a Spanish d40

hi Thread
I just fitted a redarc duel battery system to my new Spanish d40 duel cab
I put the whole system & battery in the back of the ute .It seems to be
working fine.
regards Willis

Back