D40 dump pipe and exhaust $1050.00

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryandm

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A local 4x4 place is gonna do a stainless dump pipe and mild steel exhaust for $1050.00 and also put in the EGR blanking plates for that price. I asked him to go with no cats but he said that may affect the sensors and said maybe hollowing out the cats would be better has anyone got any experience with this?

Thanks Ryan

ok thanks guys, its a small fabrication company thats does all custom stuff i requested no cats at my own risk which he said he could do. I might just get them hollowed out then?..

I was a
Ways told stainless is bad for 4x4 has a habit of vibrating a cracking ( your call on that its just my 2 cents)

Don't screw with the cats just get a high flow one. You're not in a race car just keep it legal.

I have a xforce system with a high flow and its prefect cannot fault it.

While the dump is out get a bind installed for an egt probe too

Mick

Thanks guys, i might go for the high flow cat then, also yes i will get the EGT sender installed to the dump while its out.

Ryan

Even though the boys in blue cant test our cars for cat particle count etc yet it is highly illegal to not have it. Weare allowed to go without a muffler though. I would suggest a high flow 100cell cat and steaight through. You may end up wantng a small muffler installed as the incab drone may be to much(personal choice). Also is the s/s really needed? It cracks easy under vibration and quic cooling ie water crossings and do you do that much beach work?

Just a few question i asked myself when ordering my system

Rusty

Back