D40 exhaust dump pipe?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClearForwood

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm new to the forum but just wanted to know if there is a 3 inch dump pipe or cat removal pipe for a 2013 d40 auto spain build 2.5d.
Recently had a 3 inch exhaust installed by a reputable 4wd shop who had told me that I had a DPF and that they could remove and I would have 3inch straight through from back of turbo which Is what I was after. When I picked the car up they had installed 3 inch exhaust from back of what they told me was the cat and told me that I didn't have a DPF and that the thing coming of the back of the turbo was a cat and that no one could by pass this.
I'm a little confused as I have 4 outlets on the top of my fuel filter and the so called cat has braided lines going into it which I believe to be a DPF.
Any help would be much appreciated as i took it to the local exhaust shops and he was stumped.
Thanks

Hi everyone
I'm new to the forum but just wanted to know if there is a 3 inch dump pipe or cat removal pipe for a 2013 d40 auto spain build 2.5d.
Recently had a 3 inch exhaust installed by a reputable 4wd shop who had told me that I had a DPF and that they could remove and I would have 3inch straight through from back of turbo which Is what I was after. When I picked the car up they had installed 3 inch exhaust from back of what they told me was the cat and told me that I didn't have a DPF and that the thing coming of the back of the turbo was a cat and that no one could by pass this.
I'm a little confused as I have 4 outlets on the top of my fuel filter and the so called cat has braided lines going into it which I believe to be a DPF.
Any help would be much appreciated as i took it to the local exhaust shops and he was stumped.
Thanks

If you have a 2013 auto D40 ST you do not have a DPF.

The 4wd shop could have removed you cat and replaced it with a dump pipe and more free flowing cat, that is what most kits have.

Thanks for the reply. I assumed that that too but the guy was adamant that no one made a dump pipe. So im going to have to take it else where and get a dump pipe installed?

That would be my best bet.
I'm surprised they install a cat back. Most kits are full 3"
With the option of cat or no cat dpf or no dpf

And I'm entirely surprised if your auto has no dpf.... All autos do

That would be my best bet.
I'm surprised they install a cat back. Most kits are full 3"
With the option of cat or no cat dpf or no dpf

And I'm entirely surprised if your auto has no dpf.... All autos do

So your saying a 2013 Auto HAS a dpf?

Hi everyone

Thanks

Is your Nav 2wd or 4wd?
I know that the 2wd 2013 have the 126kw motor, not the 140kw and I think the 126kw have a DPF?

Mine is 4wd. I have been told a few different things like u have a dpf instead of cat and that all early 13 spain autos had dpf and they started phasing out by middle of year (march apprently thats wen mine was built) but whats got nme stumped now is that iv got the 140kw motor bcoz the hot pipe i brought was for the 140kw and it fitted. Also the 4 fuel lines out of filter i thought was an indication of dpf

I would say that if you have braided lines going from the filter to the exhaust, must be a DPF, There is no other reason for fuel to be down there. I have a 2013 auto D40, not sure of the build date but I will climb under and have a look when I get home.

Is this what your filter looks like?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430277694.059019.jpg

I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow and post but called into another exhaust place today and they said that the kit on mine ATM is a manual kit and that they can get a dump pipe/cat delete pipe but will need custom make flange to fit kit already installed. So in other words the 4wd shop didn't really know what they were talking about and managed to install the wrong kit.

Had a look today and fuel filter looks like the one in the pic.
Also called into another 4wd shop today and spoke to the navara guru who said all Spain autos up to the end of 2012 had dpf and after that started to phase out. So mine didn't have a PDF but instead has a cat. Also the reason for the extra lines on the fuel filter is for priming the fuel system. So All in all shoot have gone to the other shop first but I guess you learn from us mistakes. Thanks for the help anyways guys

Latest posts

Back