D40 ECU Re-map

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mat,

Yes the sensors you did stoped the "white smoke" and I reset the ECU a few weeks ago and that stoped the puffs of black smoke. I'd like to get ride of the DPF regen cycle all together. I think that it's still the reason I'm using too much fuel, even after the reset.
I'll give you a call one afternoon.

Here's a thought, what if the chip stayed on and we could adjust the parameters down a bit that the chip tricks up? Like fuel pressure, just back that off a bit in the ECU so the chip isn't pushing it in so much?? Surely that could be done?

Sorry for banging on about keeping the chip. I just like think outside the box.

I've noticed that most of the places that do the remaps still offer chips for sale. Why would they if the remap is better?

Hi Folks

The RRP cost of a tune on a D40 is $1399. However i'm trying to get some runs on the board here with forum members so if your interested in being one of the first from the forum to get yours done i'll do a deal.

Even at $1399 its cheaper than one of the good chips and it's all done in your ecu with no extra "piggyback" wiring or ECU "tricking". The ECU tunes still work inside factory engine safety parameter's where chips can operate outside these safety margins.

Yes Mal i can adjust there parameters you speak of but it honestly since you already have a chip your probably better of getting it adjusted to suit your needs.

Yes the Retuning is the only way to completely remove the DPF and EGR cycles. My sensors prevent a DPF regen and fault being detected but the cycle is still in the ECU obviously.

Cheers

Mat.

Yeah it's crap how we get charged an Australia tax to buy stuff , like Lokka diff locks can get them from US delivered $100 cheaper than you can get them here and they are made here, ecu reflash equipment I assume is the same , plus supply and demand to get your money back on the investment

Yeah thats true but we also earn alot more than than people in the US and Uk on adverage. So realistically its about average.

Have a read

next trip to the UK i think my ECU will be packed with me. $600 aud or there abouts shame I cant put the whole car in my bag ,

So when /and/if you have any issues,who will reflash your ecu.
Will you send it back to the UK?
Can they provide insurance against issues arising from them not correctley tuning?

What gets me these days is that alot of folk want all the good gear but complain when they see the price.

OK

yeah thats true but we also earn alot more than than people in the us and uk on adverage. So realistically its about average.

you have invested your money and time in the equipment.

You are currently in a niche market in regards to tuning these
diesels.

You're entitled to charge what you feel your product is worth.

The company in the UK have a very good rep, and yes they will warrant it , my real issue is not really what the cost is but what we have to pay to get the gear to do the work which then has to be passed on, hence why I used Lokka as an example the product apparently is made in Australia but can be purchased in US and shipped back for less than we can buy it here. Same as some test equipment I use at work to get it through the local distributor is 50k more than having the UK office buy it and send out. So yeah people like Auggie get screwed on price of the gear and then have to pass that on

I spoke to Auggie last week. He said that doing a remap and still keep the chip is possible but I'm now realising that it's not the best thing to do. So we will remap my ECU in a few weeks with out the chip and see what happens. The only thing is that we can't dyno the results so without seeing the changes it may be hard to really feel if it's better or not. But saying that how do I know if the chip-it dyno readout is even mine or someone else's?

We had Roo Systems out at our workshop over the weekend as we just purchased all their gear to start re-mapping ECU's ourselves. Tomorrow night we are going to use my D40 as a trial, Roo Systems estimate that with an ECU remap it should make between 120-130rwk. With a rapid chip it only made 106rwk. Will keep everyone posted.

Auggie did my remap 2 weeks ago. I can't really tell if it's the same as a chip or not. I have noticed that the transmission holds the gears longer and the shift up is smoother. I haven't filled up yet so I can't give all fuel consumption figures. It has definitely stoped the puffs of black smoke on take off. I'm now thinking of upgrading my hot pipe to the plazmaman one. Then I'll get Auggie to maybe play around with it a bit more.

We had Roo Systems out at our workshop over the weekend as we just purchased all their gear to start re-mapping ECU's ourselves. Tomorrow night we are going to use my D40 as a trial, Roo Systems estimate that with an ECU remap it should make between 120-130rwk. With a rapid chip it only made 106rwk. Will keep everyone posted.

Curious as to what the overall cost for this was, and how much training they provide for you to do the tunes?

Auggie did my remap 2 weeks ago. I can't really tell if it's the same as a chip or not. I have noticed that the transmission holds the gears longer and the shift up is smoother. I haven't filled up yet so I can't give all fuel consumption figures. It has definitely stoped the puffs of black smoke on take off. I'm now thinking of upgrading my hot pipe to the plazmaman one. Then I'll get Auggie to maybe play around with it a bit more.

Glad to here i was able to solve your smoke puffing issue Mal. Looking forward to some more feedback. If you want some more grunt there's no reason why we can't try a more aggressive tune. The one you've got now would be on par with a Decent chip in performance.

Do the hot pipe swap if you like and do the fuel filter like we spoke about and let me know.

If anyone else wants so more info shoot me a PM.

i got my ecu remapped by Wayne at Powerchip and had nothing but problems since. he was very helpful until I sent the money now he will not respond and dose not won't a thing to do with it

Did you at all google Powerchip, the second entry is "Powerchip are a bunch of ****s" and the third "POWERCHIP Warning".

I did not and its a big **** up on my behalf took my mobey ****ed my computer need to get it re done now

The problem is not that there is a few bad eggs spoiling it for the good ones.

Its the scarcity of good ones, with a minefield of bad eggs.

Latest posts

Back