D40 EGR Blanking plate mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remapping the ECU - or forcing the ECU to return to factory defaults - wouldn't hurt, but it'd only be necessary if you think it's overfuelling. You should notice the overfuelling without a DPF - light acceleration will show some mild black smoke and hard acceleration will produce a nice cloud. At night, it'll produce a scary amount in your mirror - don't panic, check it during the day.

I don't think resetting the ECU will do much to the tune based on the missing DPF - the DPF regen cycle is separate to the injector duration and pressure rail variations that the ECU learns.

Thanks Tony. Just one more question, I recently got given a DP chip from a 2008 2.5 CR D22.. I could put that on mine yeah? will that contribute to any smoke?

The 2008 D22 produced (I think) 96kW instead of the 126kW of the D40 - there are also differences in the injectors and the turbocharger (VVT in the D40 vs wastegate in the D22). I think both engines used a fuel rail pressure sensor and I believe the DP chip is a rail pressure raiser, and doesn't do anything with the turbo or injectors. With that in mind, it should work. If it does modify the injectors it may or may not work. Good luck with it!

The 2008 D22 produced (I think) 96kW instead of the 126kW of the D40 - there are also differences in the injectors and the turbocharger (VVT in the D40 vs wastegate in the D22). I think both engines used a fuel rail pressure sensor and I believe the DP chip is a rail pressure raiser, and doesn't do anything with the turbo or injectors. With that in mind, it should work. If it does modify the injectors it may or may not work. Good luck with it!

Cheers Tony

Back