D40 embarrassing a hilux

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nathan - great stuff mate. Well done on the recoveries and helping with the clean up - what a guy!!!:big_smile:

Love the articulation on the solid axle - throw some bigger tyres on and the wife will be able to keep up with the Nav.

I have to admit i do love how the solid axle flexes. Dont tell anyone, but when i go out wheeling on more difficult tracks i may take the old Hilux, it just flexes so much better then the IFS trucks and with its shorter wheel base and huge rampover ability it does do it easy. It is amazing what it will climb over. Bigger tyres are on the cards and some lockers. A mate has one with just an auto lokka in the front, and what a difference even just that makes. As i said the only reason it got stuck at all was the 31's just couldnt reach the bottom of the mud ruts.

Classic. And love it. I love going out with mates that have hiluxs and think they are the bomb. But no my friend you are mistaken. My d40 poos all over your hilux. Hehe. I pity the fool. Lol.

Might be heading back to Yalwal in a few weeks, i wounder if my Hilux driving companions will need more assistance......... mmmmmmmmm my bet is HELL YEAH!! haha

I've come up with some great ideas for FB's ride you should read that thread if you want to see some really good ideas on this forum :big_smile:

Completely on topic through out all pages. It's just full of great advice and tips on how to build a tough D22

Hang on, just back it up........ are you saying it is actually possible to build such a thing????

pffft
we dont have to BUILD ours
they come tough from the factory :eviltongue::fight:

the extras just make em tougher

Last edited:
Ok Sparra i see your point, just look how tuff "Dom's" D22 is now that he has done all that work.
Its so tuff he can leave it out in the bush by its self!! and over night to!!:rambo:

nathan, your first story rings a bell to me as well. Out at Meryla State forest me in my 01 D22 and my mates D21 Pathfinder passed a new looking Hilux (dont know model) heading back from an unsuccessful attempt at a hill climb. We had never been out there before and were looking to explore a bit. He pulled up next to my mate and told us that he was a local and couldn't make the hill climb today or the other day with his mates in there 2 Hilux's. We both talked it through and thought it couldn't hurt to take a look. Went down a small hill, crossed a creek and back up a bigger hill. We were thinking that couldn't be the part he couldn't make. A few hundred metres later we got to the hill and after looking at the lines we got up it with not too much fuss at all. It was a pretty nice tarck out there, was it the same one your talking about. I thinkn it's called Gun Rock Falls trail?

nathan, your first story rings a bell to me as well. Out at Meryla State forest me in my 01 D22 and my mates D21 Pathfinder passed a new looking Hilux (dont know model) heading back from an unsuccessful attempt at a hill climb. We had never been out there before and were looking to explore a bit. He pulled up next to my mate and told us that he was a local and couldn't make the hill climb today or the other day with his mates in there 2 Hilux's. We both talked it through and thought it couldn't hurt to take a look. Went down a small hill, crossed a creek and back up a bigger hill. We were thinking that couldn't be the part he couldn't make. A few hundred metres later we got to the hill and after looking at the lines we got up it with not too much fuss at all. It was a pretty nice tarck out there, was it the same one your talking about. I thinkn it's called Gun Rock Falls trail?

Hi Wade, yeah mate i know exactly where you mean, BUT the first story was at the back of Thirlmere/lakesland
Here is a photo of where i think you are talking about (oh and see the White Hilux, Its actually STUCK on its door against the tree Bahaha)

4a68c8c5.jpg

a3985aba.jpg

And here is a pick of the Hilux Getting WINCHED up the first section!!! not even the harder part!! lol

22a704cf.jpg

Was just offering them a story of hope, it does well to lift there spirits occasionally.

Hope is Never a BAD thing Krafty, youre doing them a great service

Last edited:
If only they recognised it instead of passing it off as pointing out their short comings.

That's the exact place. It looks alot different now due to erosion and a whole heap of cars but that's the one. My mate and I both took the line where the hilux is stuck, no issues at all.

That's the exact place. It looks alot different now due to erosion and a whole heap of cars but that's the one. My mate and I both took the line where the hilux is stuck, no issues at all.

hahaha thats to be expected Wayde, you guys were in Nav's......
I tell you what really gives my cousin the shits...... its when i REVERSE up stuff he is tripping and stumbling & getting stuck on.:rambo:

Hi Wade, yeah mate i know exactly where you mean, BUT the first story was at the back of Thirlmere/lakesland
Here is a photo of where i think you are talking about (oh and see the White Hilux, Its actually STUCK on its door against the tree Bahaha)

4a68c8c5.jpg

a3985aba.jpg

And here is a pick of the Hilux Getting WINCHED up the first section!!! not even the harder part!! lol

22a704cf.jpg

Hope is Never a BAD thing Krafty, youre doing them a great service

I know the spot too, my clapped out old Sierra got up there first shot, and so did the bog standard Disco2

I know the spot too, my clapped out old Sierra got up there first shot, and so did the bog standard Disco2

Now that is really embarrassing the Hilux..... I dont even think i have the heart to tell my Hilux driving relo and mates that story, they will have some sort of a mental breakdown....:rofl2:

Latest posts

Back