D40 Engine Noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry

Reaction score
Hi All ,
I have purchased a Navara D40 2.5 Diesel King Cab , and like it heaps . Just had the 1000 k service or check only had one niggling problem engine noise , between 1500 and 2000 rpm have a rattling engine has been so bad thought it may be out of oil but no plenty there, noise is intermittant.
Nissan service said they couldnt fault it , and engine is known for excessive noise, anyone had similar ?? or is it a noisy engine (sounds really tinny )
Not happy with service left floor covering rubbish in car after service didnt reset service advice, for such simple service was pretty slack .

Hey guys.
I just noticed that mine is making a noise also. Had the windows closed on freeway and when accelerating from 80 to 100 makes a horrible rattle inside the cabin. Can't hear it that much with windows open but it's still there. Can't figure out what it can be...

Mine makes a noise every time i turn the ignition key ...

it sounds like a desiel engine .

Welcome to the forums

Not happy with service left floor covering rubbish in car after service didnt reset service advice, for such simple service was pretty slack .

It's a PITA they didn't do the reset but if you haven't taken it back or solved the problem yourself that's an easy enough fix. While the spanner is on the dash (immediately after ignition on) push and hold the reset button for a few second and the digits will flash and you can wind it as far forward as you want the next service to be.

One day I'll find out what the rattle I have under acceleration between about 50-70 is, I know it's nothing serious and know it's under the dash but until it really bugs me I'll probably keep forgetting it.

Terry
dose the rattle sound similar to the same noise when the starter is lose ?
if so it is probaly the dual mass flywheel i have seen a lot of these rattle
and they also rattle intermittently

the other rattle comes from where the clutch slave meets up with the pivot arm this rattle is a very tinny rattle
to fix it fit a spring between the slave mounting bolt and the pivot arm you will need to drill a small hole half way into the pivot arm so the spring can grip it.
just don't go crazy with how much pressure you put on the spring
hope this helps mate

noise in engine

Hi All ,
I have purchased a Navara D40 2.5 Diesel King Cab , and like it heaps . Just had the 1000 k service or check only had one niggling problem engine noise , between 1500 and 2000 rpm have a rattling engine has been so bad thought it may be out of oil but no plenty there, noise is intermittant.
Nissan service said they couldnt fault it , and engine is known for excessive noise, anyone had similar ?? or is it a noisy engine (sounds really tinny )

hello terry mate i no what your prob is ive had the same noise , what it is ithe clutch pipe rattling, they re routed it the told me and the noise was gone, BUT ON MY LAST TRIP I DID HERE IT AGAIN AT CERTAIN REVES I GUESS ITS BACK TO NISSAN i hope this helps cheers riddo

Hey guys.
I just noticed that mine is making a noise also. Had the windows closed on freeway and when accelerating from 80 to 100 makes a horrible rattle inside the cabin. Can't hear it that much with windows open but it's still there. Can't figure out what it can be...

hey vanguard, take it back to nissan they re routed my clutch slave cyl piping noise gone cheers riddo

don,t like the common rails engine in and out of our workshop all time
all been flog on a mine site and seeing all failures with D40 2007 modles
i sware we have just about every part in store and some times its 2 to 6 weeks ex out of japan

Don't like spelling and punctuation either by the look of it, man that reads like an cheap DVD instruction manual.

If you've got about every part in the store you should try selling stuff back to Nissan and they wouldn't have the huge waits on delivery from Japan. Even so I consider 2-6 weeks wait on parts reasonable, sure I'd like not to have my car off the road for that long but it;s not like they ship any part express air mail, the stuff comes on slow moving boats that often make more than one stop getting here and then once they do stuff has to go through customers. I reckon 5 weeks is quick for all that.

We need to have a good stock of parts in our store to keep the fleet maintained of 53 D40 NAVARAS

hey vanguard, take it back to nissan they re routed my clutch slave cyl piping noise gone cheers riddo

Cheers mate. I'll give it a shot. Hopefully it helps. It seems to be happening more and more now.

Cheers mate. I'll give it a shot. Hopefully it helps. It seems to be happening more and more now.

hey all
on this noise i've had it since my d40 was new local dealer has just found
the problem after nearly a year every time i took it in it wouldn't do it finally they got to hear it and told me what it was straight away it's a common fault sounds really tinny drivers side firewall area all it is is the pipes on the firewall behind brake booster rattling at certain rpm vibrations and corrugations set it off also my dealer going to fix next service by pulling out brake booster and re mounting the lines

^ That exact problem or something very similar has been spoken about a few times on here so it might be worth anyone looking for rogue rattles to check that one.

Latest posts

Back