D40 Engine swap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I took the brothers kids along some trails Thursday and my top notch Avenger bash plate bashed the bottom radiator tank. I got that epoxied up Friday but the damage must have already been done and now ive damaged the head and somehow, 2cylinders, even though it would still run.

is it possible to get a new 550nm 3L V6 diesel crate motor yet?

Josh

Ok Update,

I'm 600ks from home and Newcastle Nissan just quoted me $8500 to replace head and damaged short block or $17500 for a new drop in engine. Definately not covered by warranty.
I'm heading into the same price range as a full engine and driveline swap here.

I need Ideas people!!

What are my real options If I'm going to be spending close to 10K just to repair a 2.5LCRD with a fuel consumption averaging 14L per 100ks (highway) do I try to import a titan V8 and driveline? get a Patrol 4.2TI or even a something like a 4BT or Cummins ISF3.8

Any well thought about suggestions would be appreciated.

Josh

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFR4mBDo0nI[/YT]

My vote is for the Cummins.

What side is the D40 front diff on ?

dave: diff is on the pass side

got yourself in a bit of a pickle there mate, maybe try n pick up a 2nd hand motor from a wreckers??? theres no really cost effective way of getting out of this situation. any price you come up with for a conversion though you might aswell double it, never ends up being that simple

dave: diff is on the pass side

got yourself in a bit of a pickle there mate, maybe try n pick up a 2nd hand motor from a wreckers??? theres no really cost effective way of getting out of this situation. any price you come up with for a conversion though you might aswell double it, never ends up being that simple

Cheers Kyle. Rules out the Patrol gearbox for the Cummins then.

Dunno how a stock D40 box would handle the Cummins.

Easiest option is as Kyle mentioned, replace it or rebuild it.

Latest posts

Back