D40 Engine swap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopage

Reaction score
I have a 2012 D40 RX 2wd Thai build with the 106kw engine that’s died. Can it be replaced with the 128kw Thai engine??

Last edited:
I have a 2012 D40 RX 2wd Thai build with the 106kw engine that’s died. Can it be replaced with the 128kw Thai engine??
Yes. The replacement engine will be back to 106kw as it's the mapping in the ECU. See if you can grab the ECU from the donor car and you'll get the 128Kw. You'll need the keys and IMMO coded as the four items ... ECU, BCM, IMMO and key are programmed as a set.

The ECU changed sometime in late 2011 to 2012. The later ECU has a red release lever on the connector whereas the previous version had a black lever. The connectors are different so you have to make sure your if your lever is red the replacement ECU had to have a red levered connector plugged into it.

I have the 106kw rating but I bought an ECU from a dual cab (mine has the black lever on the connector) and now have the extra power.

Latest posts

Back