d40 front and rear suspension lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnod40

Reaction score
Hi ive had a a nav 2011 st d40 since march this year have wanted to lift it since i got it...

I dont have excessive amounts of money atm but i want to lift my ute the cheapest but not the dodgiest i was thinking of the bilstein adjustable shocks in the front and still unsure in the back some leaf springs and shocks i was thinking though ( still not sure though )...

anyone have any comments or ideas i would be happy with two inches but 3 inches would be great.

Bistein anything is expensive, but very good quality.

Cheapest way to lift the thing is to put coil spacers in the front and blocks in the back, but that will give you an illegal truck, if that's a problem or not is up to you.

Suppliers of after market suspension for the D40 are not hard to find.

2" of lift is achievable using just about anyone's after market suspension. 3" is a bit more difficult.

If you just want your truck to look high, then a body lift would be your easiest and cheapest way, I think a 2" body lift will set you back about $200 and a weekend.

Ironman make adjustable front struts. My advice with front struts, if you're going to fit them yourself, don't buy the strut and coil seperate, the coils are insanely tight, I bent 2 coil compressors trying to squish 'em down enough to fit them.

Mate if you havent already fitted a kit and you live in the Brisbane area go and give Zordo Suspension a call. He will give you exactly what you want/need and will be the cheapest by far. The results are amazing and the number of people on here that can testify to that are alot. Check him out.

Jonno, I've just put Bilstein adjustables in the front of mine with Dobinsons coils - Great gear and good lift (level too).

+2 on the give Zordo a bell, he has a thread in the advertising section. I bought my gear from him and he delivered everything to Sydney (includings leafs) for a very fair price. He even answered his phone on a Saturday to answer a technical question re the install.

+2 on what siringo said about the fitting the coils to the struts though. Without heavy duty spring compressors, it's very dangerous (as I found out the hard way). If they arrive seperate, do yourself a favour and take them to a shop.

Basically I came to my decision from doing a few hours research in the d40 suspension section, I found it very useful - check it out, there's lots to read.

+3 for Zordo

I got my kit from him as well. Great guy, his customer service pre-sale and post sale is hands down the best I have ever seen. Picked it up, installed it on a Saturday and called him for some info and he explained everything.

Explain to him what your after and he'll let you know your options and give a great price.

Just another testimony on how good he really is.

And also don't spare any expense on the spring compressors. I did and it took me 3 hours to assemble 1 coil and we had to use an air ratchet and it was fkn dangerous. After the First coil I went and bought a $200 buck heavy duty set of compressors and had the second tower done in a few minutes.

Latest posts

Back