D40 front wheel bearings

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knapie

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just thought I'd share my experience with worn front wheel bearings on my D40 4x4.

For some time, I had issues with my 4WD warning lamp and ABS warning light coming on. I noticed also that I was unable to select 4WD due to this.

Turns out, this was caused by faulty front wheel bearings. As soon as I replaced the bearings (actually the entire front hub as the bearings are not sold separately), both warning lamps went out and everything is back to normal again.

Just think it may be useful to some folk out there.

Hello all, Just thought I'd share my experience with worn front wheel bearings on my D40 4x4. For some time, I had issues with my 4WD warning lamp and ABS warning light coming on. I noticed also that I was unable to select 4WD due to this. Turns out, this was caused by faulty front wheel bearings. As soon as I replaced the bearings (actually the entire front hub as the bearings are not sold separately), both warning lamps went out and everything is back to normal again. Just think it may be useful to some folk out there.

Bloody computer cars,are good in one way but not in another.
Cheers for the info for the d40 drivers.

Glad you got it sorted out too.

⚠️Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's⚠️

Thanks for posting up it very useful info and is actually quite common, there are quite a few threads with this noted already, i think under ABS warning light, ABS sensor, and wheel bearing

Yea, Just did mine its an 07 and just done 150k.
I entertained myself by getting a price from Nissan. $1100 per side + labour. got them from allied bearing for $ 140 a side and all done in a few hours...
At that price the sealed hub bearings make good sense as there is no maintenance cost at service time, just replace when worn. And the are nice and sealed for off road..

I entertained myself by getting a price from Nissan. $1100 per side + labour. got them from allied bearing for $ 140 a side and all done in a few hours...
At that price the sealed hub bearings make good sense as there is no maintenance cost at service time, just replace when worn. And the are nice and sealed for off road..

Gotta love the cheek on Nissan, or any other car company with there prices. Shits me to tears.

Just put one left side front wheel hub a week or two ago.
Bought the thing online (eBay) $105.
No problems yet.
I posted on what did you do to your Navara today.
I used a deep 32mm socket and a hi torque rattle gun.
You need to remove the brakes etc. be careful.
Remove the battery cables first as well.
You can pm. Or email me if you wanna know more.

Yes why the battery? Only electrical connection is the ABS plug. Did both my front bearings at the start of the month and didnt even think of the battery... No problems so far though.

Yea I didn't disconnect the battery. But the Abs sensor plugs were that hard to undo I ended up cutting the old end of the plug to get it apart. I split it slightly with a grinder and it just peeled off. It was the hardest part.
Just bought the rear bearings and seals. Nissan $1200 a side + labour. Allied were $93 per side for the bearings and seals re use the old axel...

Just a precaution.
I always do it. I don't need any dramas.
I'm pretty sure in the Nisan workshop manual (electronic version) it tells you to.
Can't remember exactly I've had a few since then..

Front hub bearings & ABS Warning light

Having the same problem. Front bearings going again. I don't know which side this time. It's been rough when moving off & coming to a stop for the last 12 months. ABS warning light came on yesterday on the way home. Replace both front hub housing nearly 2 years ago with Allied bears. Here we go again. How long are they suppose to last?

The general consensus with the boys up north running big lifts is use genuine hubs. The aftermarket ones never last long at all

The D40 hasn't been raised. If any thing it looks lower than normal. Running 20" Alloyed mags on it. That wasn't my modifications.

Are you running the original offset cause that can put pressure on the bearing I know had that problem with my old D40, it did look tuff with wheels sitting out of the guard a bit though

Cheers Justo

When did did you change then? let us know how long the aftermarket lasts?

Latest posts

Back