D40 Fuel Economy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2012 2.5TD 140kw manual D40 travelled 1500 kms. From day 1 its been pulling 9LPH. Now it's down to 8.5LPH 50/50 hwy city driving.
Can't ask for more than that.

As much as constant improvement in newer models is to be expected it's still good to see Nissan (and owners of course) are able to keep bringing those figures down.

My old man had an R50 and it was never that bad, wasn't as good as I'm getting out of my STX and nowhere near as good as he's getting out of his new BT50 but it never averaged 20's.

Always got 400kms to tank didnt matter how i drove it and that was only hwy from Melb to Sale on the odd occasion i did drive around town id be lucky to get 350

My old man wouldn't have brought two of them if he was getting that sort of economy, he more of a miser when it comes to using fuel than I am.

The bastard is getting low 8's and into the 7's everywhere except when he's driving around the farm.

Maybe it was good when it was a new design?

Don't know much about them other than originally being a truck motor, I think??

P.S feel free to delete these because I realise this is a sticky.

Last edited:
According to some TD42 fanatics. It was used in "Bus's" aswell. Maybe like a Nissan Civilian sized bus.

They overheat, crack the Pre-combustion chamber's.

There not as awesome as people make out.

fuel consumption

Hi guys, thought I would put in my two bobs worth. A recent trip to Wilpena Pound and across the nullabor towing a wind up camper returned 13.6 L/100, 7.3Klm/ltr, or 20.7 MPG in the old stuff. last count mainly burbs driving with no towing I got 9.1ltr/100, 10.9 klm/ltr or 30.9 mpg. So I am pretty happy with that , by the way it is a standard manual D40 diesel. The end of this month I am towing the rig to Rockhampton so will what returns this time.

Towed my caravan to Kalkalo up the hume highway 240kms and used 60 ltrs at 100kph caravan weight is about 2.2t i have just booked it in for a diesel/gas conversion to try to get some economy and more power

Latest posts

Back