Fuel primer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosty

Reaction score
Hey there just wondering should the diesel fuel primer stay hard once you turn off the vehicle (2006 d40 navara) as I can pump it 8 times before it goes hard again. Could there be a leak in a fuel line 🤷🏼‍♂️. Can’t smell or see fuel anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Usually only get to pump it 4-5 times before it firms up. Keep pumping, do it 20-30 times to give that part of the system some decent pressure and you'll find the leak.

Usual suspects:

* Water sensor not properly "home" (electrical connection should line up with the knob above)
* Water sensor seal has dirt or something on it
* Hose clamps not tight enough
* Hose clamps too tight (pinching the rubber)
* Old hose with cracks
* Primer bulb perishing

I've heard of guys replacing that primer bulb with $10 ones intended for boats. I can't see why that could be a problem.

Hey there just wondering should the diesel fuel primer stay hard once you turn off the vehicle (2006 d40 navara) as I can pump it 8 times before it goes hard again. Could there be a leak in a fuel line 🤷🏼‍♂️. Can’t smell or see fuel anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Usually only get to pump it 4-5 times before it firms up. Keep pumping, do it 20-30 times to give that part of the system some decent pressure and you'll find the leak.

Usual suspects:

* Water sensor not properly "home" (electrical connection should line up with the knob above)
* Water sensor seal has dirt or something on it
* Hose clamps not tight enough
* Hose clamps too tight (pinching the rubber)
* Old hose with cracks
* Primer bulb perishing

I've heard of guys replacing that primer bulb with $10 ones intended for boats. I can't see why that could be a problem.
Cheers Tony, I’ll get onto that. I can’t push it anymore than 8 times and it’s hard as a rock.

Attachments

• IMG_9524.jpeg
    IMG_9524.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back