d40 gearbox oil change.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it uses different oil from the gearbox so be careful not to mix them, undo fill plug then drain plug let it drain, then put the drain plug back and fill with transfer oil (usually its ATF) until it starts coming out the fill hole, put fill hole back and you are done
transfer_case_oil.png

Sweet mate �� it says 4.2 litres of gearbox oil in the manual. I had the gear box oil done at 100 ,000 Ks and they used the wrong one. Now they fixed it for me but still stiff on cold mornings..... Anyways I asked because 5 lts came out hhmmmmm. But says 4.2 in the manual

gearbox is 75w85 if you use 75w90 for example u will get harsh changes in cold, better get the oils from nissan and do them yourself, capacity for those are a referance always fill gearbox, transfer cases and differancial until oil starts dripping out the fill plug and its in the perfect level.

75W-85 and 75W-90 have the same low temperature viscosity. I doubt you would ever notice any difference between those two. More importantly, the gearbox oil has to be the right TYPE (API-GL xx)

For what it's worth, my gearbox is also a bit stiff on cold morning and that is with the factory gearbox oil.

it doesnt matter what viscocity it has, every report i have seen of people using the wrong oil cant change gears like they did before everytime something different from 75w85 was used and sometimes depends on the oil brand you use as well! obviously gl4. or sometimes fully synth gear oil

75W-85 and 75W-90 have the same low temperature viscosity. I doubt you would ever notice any difference between those two. More importantly, the gearbox oil has to be the right TYPE (API-GL xx)

For what it's worth, my gearbox is also a bit stiff on cold morning and that is with the factory gearbox oil.

Believe it or not buddy the wrong oil made a huge difference in my car now it is running the correct oil I shifts better than new? No bullshit :rock:

Back