D40 Lost Power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giltos

Reaction score
Hi all,

2008 Outlaw Navara D40, driving home from work tonight, was 2 mins from home and hear a pop noise under bonnet, lost majority of power. Pull over and have a look, top hose from turbo has been blown off. Turn off engine and put back on, made sure it was screwed on tight, start car, no power what so ever and engine warning light on. Needed Low Range to get enough torque to get me moving

Will call nissan in the morning, meant to be going on a camping weekend tomorrow night - Grrrr!!!!! Any ideas?

Last edited:
Sounds like its gone into limp because of the overboost with the hose coming off. Resetting the ECU should fix it.

Disconnect the battery (any terminal)
Turn on the ignition to drain residual current
Turn off ignition
Reconnect battery
Cross fingers
Test drive.

I'll try that again now. Thanks. Soon as i got home took terminal off, but did not drain. Was just checking and now the DPF light is on. Reading book nissan say to drive it above 80km/h to clear out the matter, would if i could get it that to that speed!!!

No such luck :( Took -ve terminal off, turn ignition to drain. Left for 5. Replaced terminal and started. Took for drive, can't get out of 2nd High, 30km max. DPF light is on. Managed to limp home once more.

With the DPF triggered I imagine you can only do a manual burn at the dealer now to get it out of limp mode.

You don't actually need to drive it at 80km/h. You can just hold the RPM at 1800 or so (it has to exceed 1600rpm). You might need to do that for several minutes.

Before you do that, I would get some electrical contact cleaner and clean out your MAF sensor - this sits in the back of the air hose just outside the air filter box. Be careful, it's a $400 gizmo if you have to buy it from Nissan.

And welcome to the forum!

unfortunately no, car is 4 years and 3 weeks old. took one extra year on warranty giving me 4

Update on progress.
Car was in limp mode, went to nissan last friday, they tried 3 burns all failed about 45 mins in.
They let cool and tried another burn sat morn, same result
Tried again Monday morning same result. car sat in workshop, no resources to look at it.
Finally Thursday someone looked at it, checked o2 sensor first, no issue, checked other two sensors, all working ok. They pulled out DPF, refitted and happy to report the next burn worked. Nissan not sure what issue was, maybe a loose connection on the o2 sensor.

In the mean time I was doing heaps of reading on here about DPF's etc. Robert from chip it was a great help, spoke to him for sometime a few days ago which helped nissan try a few things. I've decided to buy a delete pipe and EGR mod now, so i never have to worry and DPF again!! Will put it on shelf in case I ever sell the car or need it. Robert has looked after me giving the forum discount of 10% and thrown in the EGR plate. Once it arrives next week I'll fit it and report back findings, any changes to perf or fuel.

Thanks to everyone who posted advice :)

Latest posts

Back