D40 money sucking piece of shit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this thread has certainley gone off topic from the sooky la la that started it' must off ditched us for the toyota forum allready:wristy:

this thread has certainley gone off topic from the sooky la la that started it' must off ditched us for the toyota forum allready:wristy:

Considering the topic was crap i believe we can bastardize this thread all we like, The thread had no credence of any sort, it was just a jealous hilux owner venting his regrets for not buying a d40:rofl2::rofl2:

Actually I have thought about it, and what we should all do is buy Datsun 720's
They never have turbo problems, The fuel injectors are as reliable as, MAF sensors are good. The boost solenoids nearly never play up, and they don't need a chip, as they have more than enough power to push a boat down a boat ramp.

And you still claim you got the better vehicle with all that missing :ha:

Yeah well, it is special...the dealer sold it to me as the 'Agri pack' model and told me it was the top of the line...its even got a Limited Edition PTO.

Win the game, you all forget how many D40'd I see a week.

17 x D40's and 1 x D22 in a 45k stretch between my house and the farm one night. I see a lot of D40's too so you don't even win bragging rights. Most of the D22's I see are in used car lots.

i dont forget, i just ignore that miner detail and pretend its just not happening,

What he doesn't tell you is that they are all coming in because he does the best car wash in Sydney.

Yeah well, it is special...the dealer sold it to me as the 'Agri pack' model and told me it was the top of the line...its even got a Limited Edition PTO.

If he'd sold it to you with Fendt badges on it you'd have got it even cheaper.

GW's are a bargain, half the price and free asbestos, can't beat that for a deal, maybe the disgruntled OP should head down to his local GW dealer.

Sage words re Auto's. I have just changed a DMF and stuffed clutch over at 35,000K's to an Exeedy. I dont think Nissan is helping themselves. They are getting a bad name in the market over this issue. Ours is a fleet vehicle and you cant always baby the clutch or control the drivers. I wouldnt get another Nissan for our needs.

Sage words re Auto's. I have just changed a DMF and stuffed clutch over at 35,000K's to an Exeedy. I dont think Nissan is helping themselves. They are getting a bad name in the market over this issue. Ours is a fleet vehicle and you cant always baby the clutch or control the drivers. I wouldnt get another Nissan for our needs.

mmmmm well what else would you get in the Navara's place??? all the other manufacturers use the same system, Nissan are the only ones that have now gone back to using a single mass flywheel.

I think the problem is that your fleet manager didnt do any research and has bought manual utes when he should of bought automatic's, especially considering as you say "you cant control the drivers" the auto would take that out of the equation.

My 2010 ST is a manual and i definitely DONT baby anything on the ute and it hasnt missed a beat, clutch seems just the same as the day i bought it. Oh and it has now done over 80,000km.

The other thing is, i have read about people getting the clutch replaced under warranty as far as 60,000km and have read allot of people under 40k that have them replaced under warranty, so why cant you get it done under warranty?? did they give a reason why some do and some miss out?
i would be taking it a little further.

Any way good luck with what ever you end up changing to.

Last edited:
When i bought mine i knew that i may have to change the clutch out early.
Say its $2000 to replace the clutch you still have a far better value for money truck than the other makes, thats my thoughts anyway.

Nissan aren't the only ones running DMFs - and Nissan won't be the only ones ditching the DMFs as an unfortunate experiment.

The goal was to make a smoother, more car-like ride. They did the same shit with the suspension and crippled the car - again, Nissan aren't alone.

Nathan's point about fleet buyers getting autos is a good one. They should - for more reasons than just the flywheel issues.

my brother has a d21 v6 4x2 and has put 280000 ks on it and together him and i have gone thru everything and pulled just about everything and it never broke down, sure we replaced the clutch twice at 120000 ks and 250000ks but thats it! its proof that nissan's used to be tuff as hilux's used to be! now there both peices of shit cause their made cheap to compete with the rest of the market.

i pull a 2.5 load ( trailer with excavator) with my d40 single cab manual and clutches go every 30000 ks inc dmf which is the only weakness aside from seals leaking everywhere-again japanese quality has been replaced with cheaper solutions.

if only d40's had more aftermarket parts avail it would be fine in the long run!

you should of bought an auto... or V6... so many people buy manual small capacity diesels then say I tow 2+ tonnes but my clutch lasts only a few thousand km and expect the car to pull like a V8 with a clutch that never dies.

Latest posts

Back